By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Show and Tell 2019

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Margaret S29/03/2019 11:50:25
3882 forum posts
687 photos

Well done Rosemary. It's huge and wonderful. Hope the quilting goes well for you. Should be much easier with your latest machine.

Margaret

Eileen Foster22/05/2019 11:00:01
441 forum posts
249 photos

well it seems ages since I completed a project.

our quilting group is holding a coffee morning on the 25th May and they wanted things to sell so I have made these 14" cushions.

giraffe cushions.jpg

I am hoping to sell them for about £5.50 each or is that too much.

I am about to plan a double bed quilt for my eldest girl and her boyfriend, They have a new build home and are slowly gathering furnishings. Unfortunately for me they want a palette of black/grey/brown. Why do both my girls like the gothic hues. I love colour and wish they did too.

I will let you see it as it progresses.

Eileen x

Carol B23/05/2019 08:40:10
3000 forum posts
776 photos
2 articles

Your cushions are gorgeous Eileen, and I think they are a bargain at 5.50

I don't envy you having to work in dark colours, but if it is what is wanted I guess you have no choice. Perhaps you could add a rainbow in a corner to give them a idea what they are missing wink

Carol face 23

Margaret S24/05/2019 10:06:04
3882 forum posts
687 photos

Last Saturday went on a Kathleen Laurel Sage workshop and made this 'Machine Embroidered and Soldered Floral Panel.' Kathleen is a brilliant tutor and made those of us who were way out of our comfort zone feel much more confident to have a go.

My sewing kit now includes a soldering iron! I'm inspired to have a go at making more of these.

Margaret

Kathleen Laurel Sage workshop

Eileen Foster24/05/2019 14:41:43
441 forum posts
249 photos

WOW!!!!!

that is amazing Margaret and so beautiful. Did you paint the textile too?

Margaret S29/05/2019 16:59:16
3882 forum posts
687 photos

Thank you Eileen for your kind comment. It's reverse applique. Layers of organza with the top layers cut away to reveal the layers underneath.

Margaret

pamela jeffrey29/05/2019 22:55:08
3192 forum posts
114 photos

Margaret

that is lovely. I did a retreat with Kathleen a few weeks ago we had such fun.

I now have a soldering iron

Bye Pam

Irene B31/05/2019 14:08:32
4433 forum posts
405 photos

Love your Floral panel Margaret. It's stunning xx

Jayne09/06/2019 00:02:15
675 forum posts
118 photos

My latest make, DH asked me to make a quilt for his brother's wedding. Most of us would be flattered, but when he makes the suggestion with only 5 weeks before the wedding..... still at least he didn't complain when he had to feed himself.

The front is the Hip to be Square from Jordan Fabrics tutorials, the back which needed to be pieced to be wide enough is just a Seminole table runner pattern. Straight line quilting in the centre with 7 lines around the edges. I hadn't noticed that the fabric chosen for the border was directional, Doh! So I mitred the corners to get around it.

20190608 - david and angelas wedding - seminole backing.jpg20190608 - david and angelas wedding - hp .jpg

Margaret S09/06/2019 11:46:44
3882 forum posts
687 photos

Well done Jayne. That is a beautiful quilt and a lot of work in such a short timescale.There are times when the OH is not always endearing, but at least your's can feed himself! I hope he cooked for you too.

I have admired that pattern for some time. I really like the Jordan Fabric videos.

Back in the dark ages I had an autograph book and my dad signed it ' Hip to be square. Margaret's dad'! At the time this was quite a modern quote for my dad!

Margaret

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
The Cotton Patch
Sewing Quarter
lewis and irene
Crafting Live
Janome
Sarik
bredons
SewAndSo
C&T publishing
Search Press
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues