By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Show and Tell 2019

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Margaret S14/12/2019 11:18:50
4010 forum posts
752 photos

Our Secret Santa budget was £3 so I made this little redwork wallhanging.

Secret Santa made by me

Our Chairman's Challenge was to make a Christmas card. Mine is a copy of the lovely PP one that I received from Irene a couple of years ago.

Margaret

Chairmans Challenge - Christmas card

stephs stitches.16/12/2019 20:56:54
177 forum posts
108 photos
  1. My latest project, made for my son and his girlfriend for Christmas. A jelly roll pattern originally, but I bought by the meter so that I could make to the requested colours.Stars to dream under , backstars to dream under

Edited By stephs stitches. on 16/12/2019 20:57:27

Eileen Foster17/12/2019 10:18:25
613 forum posts
332 photos

wow that is beautiful Steph.

Eileen x

Margaret S17/12/2019 20:10:19
4010 forum posts
752 photos

Beautiful, Steph. I love the way at first sight it looks like a regular layout, and then on closer inspection you see the different fabric placements in the stars.

I would find it hard to let this one go.

Margaret

Margaret S29/12/2019 11:18:11
4010 forum posts
752 photos

I am taking part in a Round Robin in my group. Progress so far. The owners do not follow the Forum, as far as I know.

The Kaleidoscope block is mine. I have asked for Modern, Abstract borders. I made the Piano Keys border (Bright, Colourful). I made the Triangles border ( Calm, Symmetrical). I made the Checkerboard/Pinwheel border ( Two Tone, Traditional).

Two more rounds to go before I get my quilt top back.

Group Round Robin, progress so far

Margaret

Eileen Foster29/12/2019 12:10:45
613 forum posts
332 photos

That is beautiful Margaret. I've not done any sewing lately. I must get my mojo back soon.

Eileen x

Margaret S30/12/2019 09:43:03
4010 forum posts
752 photos

Well, I have reviewed my year by looking at my 2019 album and I am somewhat disappointed. I did lose my mojo for a while, some of my finishes were larger than usual, and I do have 2 WIPs on the go and the Round Robin, but I seem to have achieved very little this year.

How have the rest of you fared?

Here's hoping for a much more productive 2020.

Margaret

Sylvia01/01/2020 19:16:06
2157 forum posts
359 photos

I agree Margaret. I have a lovely place to sew and an embarrassing amount of fabric so must get on with it this year.

Eileen Foster03/01/2020 21:28:10
613 forum posts
332 photos

well today I made these 2 cushions. Originally it was a panel but I didn't like it as a panel so cushions it is, now used half of it. Slowly getting my sewing head back on.

Eileen

x

dino diplodocus cushion.jpg.

dino pleiseosaur cushion.jpg

Sylvia07/01/2020 15:24:41
2157 forum posts
359 photos

Cosi w/e 2019 GnomesCosi w/e 2019 Easy Dresden PlateCosi w/e 2019 bias weavingBit late posting but at my Cosi Patchwork hotel weekend at end of last year we did 3 workshops. A woven bias binding block. I finished this one but really don't know what to do with it! I chose the colours for the kit via WhatsApp and they are not what I expected. Also it's very stiff because it's ironed onto some strong plasticy fusible sheet. Any ideas? Maybe a bag?

The easy Dresden Plate I do like and am in process of making mine into a cushion. They project was actually for a round bag.

Third was a pair of gnomes for Christmas. I bought the kit but couldn't do much of it with my broken arm as it involved a lot of hand sewing through thick fabric. Photo of a finished one.

Was a great weekend though.Cosi w/e 2019  workshop

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues