5710 forum posts
1661 photos
13 articles

wp_20191010_08_34_47_pro.jpg

rosemary Rosenfeld11/10/2019 17:27:56
5710 forum posts
1661 photos
13 articles

Sorry ladies...this one didn't start off on it's side! The latest baby quilt, posted yesterday morning...to my cousin...for a friend who played in the same netball team in Macclesfield! Well for her new baby in fact!

Best Rosemary

Eileen Foster11/10/2019 17:33:51
497 forum posts
289 photos

this is beautiful Rosemary. One very lucky baby.

Eileen

x

Eileen Foster12/10/2019 21:54:40
497 forum posts
289 photos

I can get on with the blue and white stars as the backing fabric hasn't been delivered yet. So I had a look through my various scraps etc.

I made this dog based quilt . it measures 36" square.

It looks 'lumpy' but it is sitting on cushions.p1090786.jpg

This is a close up of a section so you can see the details in the fabric.

p1090787.jpg

The 8 patch block has the dogs the right way up and upside down too. So the quilt can be any way up.

Eileen x

Brenda in OZ12/10/2019 22:16:45
490 forum posts
159 photos
33 articles

Lovely quilts Rosemary and Eileen. Just working on an idea for a quick QAG quilt using fusible wadding and minimal stitching. My Kaffe Fasset is nearly there but it's so big I need to take a break or my shoulder s will ache.

Eileen Foster24/10/2019 22:48:15
497 forum posts
289 photos

Too wet to garden for the last couple of days so I made another scrappy quilt. I think I will call it 'autumn'.

autumn 4.jpg

It is just over 1m square.

Eileen

Edited By Eileen Foster on 24/10/2019 22:52:38

rosemary Rosenfeld25/10/2019 09:24:27
5710 forum posts
1661 photos
13 articles

You have been busy Eileen......I love those colours!

Brenda.......I too have a Kaffe Fasset quilt....half way quilted at the moment! I keep getting requests etc.....so my quilt goes back in the cupboard again!

Best Rosemary x

Brenda in OZ27/10/2019 01:44:04
490 forum posts
159 photos
33 articles

Hi Everyone, I'm always trying to come up with new ideas for our club workshops and our caring quilt programme. We are making humi-crib covers for premature babies to keep the light and noise to a minimum. They are 20 x 36 inches with a dark backing. I have made a couple as you can see, each one made in a day with no hand stitching and no seams!

diamond1small.jpg humicrib2small.jpg

The cut pieces, diamonds or rectangles are fused side by side onto fusible wadding. The backing and wadding with the fused patches are pinned together and bias tape, either purchased or home made is placed over the raw edges and stitched in place through all layers. This way you have stitched and quilted in one operation. The binding is attached by machine by stitching on the back of the quilt, turned over to the front and stitched in place.

The diamond quilt has purchased bias and the rectangular quilt has home made.

Not something that a traditional quilt maker would probably approve of but there are no quilt police about!

Hope you like them.

Brenda in OZ

Edited By Brenda in OZ on 27/10/2019 01:45:10

Margaret S27/10/2019 15:25:52
3924 forum posts
705 photos

Lovely bright, cheery quilt, Eileen. Just like the leaves in our garden, although quite a few are falling now after the wind, rain and last night's frost.

No quilt police needed, Brenda. That's the way I do Stained Glass QAYG! Love them both.

Well done to both of you.

Nothing to show at the moment. At present I seem to be the one people ask 'Can you finish this for me and give it to charity?' I have been given 4 and now I have had to say 'no more!' I really want to start an elephant quilt for me! (Fabric bought and pattern templates photocopied.)

Margaret

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sewing Quarter
lewis and irene
The Cotton Patch
Janome
SewAndSo
Sarik
bredons
C&T publishing
Search Press
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues