1548 photos
13 articles

Good afternoon everyone....a new thread for a new year! Rx

rosemary Rosenfeld04/01/2019 16:19:09
5619 forum posts
1548 photos
13 articles

teddy bears.jpg

A new baby quilt for 2019. You might recognise some of the fabric from my squishies on my birthday this year. Some were in my stash and some were sent by some of you (sorry ....I can't remember who now) for use in Linus quilts etc. Thank you all! Rx

Eileen Foster05/01/2019 19:57:16
441 forum posts
249 photos

That is lovely Rosemary. all tucked up ready for sleep laugh Eileen x

Margaret S16/01/2019 12:21:46
3882 forum posts
687 photos

Very pretty, Rosemary. I am sure it will be well loved.

Gave a talk to my group on book covers and needed two more samples. The A4 file is a Carolyn Forster design from ' Quilt Now'. The diary cover is my design - applique with a bit of bling.

Margaret

Book Covers

Fiona17/01/2019 15:32:02
3107 forum posts
463 photos

Quilting Together

Fiona17/01/2019 15:40:30
3107 forum posts
463 photos

The above row quilt is an ancient UFO (I think it's in my to do 2011 list!) Mostly rows by some PP forum members - I think the top stars are by Kirsten. Birdhouses by Angela, then trees by Maggi B. Friendship stars by Tessa and houses by Marian. Then pieced strips by Jan Mc and final row by myself.

I had started to put it together years ago by the flip and stitch method onto two layers of red fleece blankets but I'd miscalculated and ran out of space so put it away as it was a nightmare to unpick. I got it out at the weekend, unpicked on Monday night and spent Tuesday working on it. This time, I put the top together first then used the serpentine stitch on my Pfaff to quilt the sashing first, then around the outside border. Then I stitched around the outside before trimming up and machined the binding down with more of the serpentine and added another lot in the border. Last night, I sat and hand tied back. It's already been claimed by my youngest as a topper for her bed.

I'm very happy with this one!

Eileen Foster20/01/2019 14:43:03
441 forum posts
249 photos

The quilting group I belong to have just finished a quilt for one of our local charities. The design is called Tsunami and I thought you might like to see the finished item. I suggested the fabrics and then coordinated the making of the blocks then I put the top together. Another lady in the group long armed quilted it and then I put the binding on. It is approx. 80"x80"

It will go to the charity next week all being well.

tsunami quilt.jpg

rosemary Rosenfeld20/01/2019 15:21:43
5619 forum posts
1548 photos
13 articles

That is soooooooo beautiful! Well done Eileen and the rest of the group! Best Rosemary

Margaret S20/01/2019 16:48:38
3882 forum posts
687 photos
Lovely, vibrant quilt Fiona. You put me to shame as mine is still pinned to a sheet! One of the rows I received was much shorter than the others.

Lovely group quilt Eileen. It looks like 'Storm at Sea' so Tsunami is an appropriate name. Bet matching all those points in a group quilt was fun! Hope the charity finds a good home for it. You too put me to shame, as I have a Storm at Sea batik top waiting to be made into a quilt.

Margaret
Sandy20/01/2019 23:47:47
1165 forum posts
174 photos

Happy New Year everyone. Hope your Christmas went well and winter is being kinder to you than our summer here in Canberra - 2 weeks of high 30C and then 4 days of 40C and over - must be getting old as we here are not coping as well. Love the quilting you have all been doing, especially those book covers. Sandy

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
The Cotton Patch
Crafting Live
Sewing Quarter
lewis and irene
Janome
C&T publishing
Search Press
Sarik
SewAndSo
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues