By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Free for charity

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
rosemary Rosenfeld10/12/2018 18:31:41
5703 forum posts
1661 photos
13 articles

Hi All...I have decided that I have to get rid of some "stu​ff"....and my first offering...to anyone who can make use of it is some mostly plain fleece....biggish pieces but NOT large enough for backing quilts! It is all the long pieces left from my own quilt backing! I thought it would make scarves and hats....but it hasn't so far! I will post it in return for a donation to lend with care...so just email me or send a pm! Colours....yellow...red....blue ..grey...and a bit of patterned pink! Rx

Jayne11/12/2018 22:48:26
676 forum posts
118 photos

Hi Rosemary,

I have plenty of fabric but a suggestion to you. Neo-natal units / Children's Hospitals take quilts from FQ size upwards, so if the fleece is big enough for a FQ they would be ideal for practicing FMQ with a useable end product.

Jayne x

Jacissima20/01/2019 11:29:07
8 forum posts

Hello Rosemary, Project Linus UK coordinators usually provide neonatal quilts measuring 20” x 16”. Fleece is fine on the back as they are used on top of the little closed cribs to shield the baby from the light. They then go home with the babies for the memory box. Aargh...

rosemary Rosenfeld20/01/2019 13:28:54
5703 forum posts
1661 photos
13 articles

Thanks for that! Best Rosemary

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
The Cotton Patch
lewis and irene
Janome
Sewing Quarter
Crafting Live
Sarik
Search Press
SewAndSo
C&T publishing
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues