By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Bargello workshops with Jan Hassard

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Eileen Foster17/11/2018 15:36:33
490 forum posts
282 photos

Next week end I will be going to Quilt Sandwich in Bridligton for two 2 day courses with Jan Hassard. The courses were my 60th birthday present from my eldest daughter and hubby Steve.

The first course is making her Watersmeet bargello quilt and is based on her new curved and intersected technique. I need 5 colour ways each with a run of 6 colours . I have had fun choosing my fabrics and started sewing them together today. My shoulders ache after 5 hours sewing so I am having a rest.

The second course is to make interlocking triads and needs 3 colour runs again each with 6 colours in each.

I thought I would detail my progress here for you to see. As I work I will take photos to let you see how I am getting on.

rosemary Rosenfeld18/11/2018 09:52:41
5703 forum posts
1661 photos
13 articles

I've just had a look at the workshops and I hope they are easier than they appear! They do look fantastic though! I'm sure you will have a great time.....and yes please....do share lots of photos! Rx

Eileen Foster18/11/2018 09:58:29
490 forum posts
282 photos

they are said to be suitable for beginners but I also thought complex. we shall see however.

Margaret S18/11/2018 11:04:32
3917 forum posts
705 photos
Looks a great bargello quilt Eileen. Are you saying you had to choose 30 fabrics? If so, wow.

Bargello is not difficult if you keep your seams accurate, and keep your maths/logical head on. Concentration is the key.

Enjoy. Looking forward to seeing your progress photos.

Margaret
Eileen Foster18/11/2018 13:53:48
490 forum posts
282 photos

Yes I guess it is 30 fabrics 6 in one palette colour and 5 palettes Margaret. Most went well but the dusky picks not so. I have done set as you need 2 sets of each for the smaller quilt or 3 sets for the larger one.

just going to iron them and then I'll take photos and add them.

x

Eileen Foster18/11/2018 15:06:00
490 forum posts
282 photos

I've taken photos but not to happy with the colour rendition. its must be the quality of light at this time of year. they all have a 'bluish cast to them, even with the flash! but you will get some idea I hope. The settee they are resting on is a soft warm cream!

blue set.jpg

purple set.jpg

laudenile green set.jpgpurplpink set.jpg

red set.jpg

p1080433.jpg

The one that jars with me is the purple/pink set 2nd on the left, the are 4 that work well and the 2 that don't. I will see what I can find at my next visit to the local fabric shop.

Eileen Foster20/11/2018 20:56:12
490 forum posts
282 photos

I have swapped colours on my pinky purple run. if the light is better tomorrow I will take another photo. I just didn't like it as it was.x

Eileen Foster22/11/2018 21:49:30
490 forum posts
282 photos

I did in fact buy 2 new fabrics a darker one to go next to the one with the rabbits on it and a paler pink to go on the end. I got rid of the plain pink and the small pink leaf. here are the 5 sets with better light but the colours are still rather 'cold'.

5 sets.jpg

On the 3rd day I am doing interlocking Triads. 6 colours in 3 sets. stitched ready for Tuesday.

triads.jpg

I have swapped the blades in my rotary cutter and got everything packed ready.

Margaret S25/11/2018 09:39:57
3917 forum posts
705 photos
Lovely strata Eileen. I am sure that you will be pleased that you changed those pinks. Good luck with the classes.

Margaret

Edited By Margaret S on 25/11/2018 09:40:22

Eileen Foster26/11/2018 19:32:35
490 forum posts
282 photos

having a wonderful time. at the point of sewing verticals together, 1sr two colours in.

step 2.jpg

top half completed last night. working on the bottom half today.

step 4.jpg

bottom left half ready to sew.bottom left corner.jpg

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
The Cotton Patch
lewis and irene
Janome
Sewing Quarter
Crafting Live
Sarik
Search Press
SewAndSo
C&T publishing
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues