By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Christmas Challenge....make a Christmas stocking for charity.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
rosemary Rosenfeld01/11/2018 16:29:22
5636 forum posts
1548 photos
13 articles

Hi everyone....I am issuing a challenge to you all....with a prize at the end and giving you all the opportunity to spread the spirit of Christmas !!

I challenge you to make a fabric Christmas stocking......any size....any design....with a picture to be emailed to me.....so that they are posted anonymously and one will be selected to receive a prize! Not by me!!

And then they should be passed on in some way.....perhaps as a raffle prize.....perhaps to your church to be filled and given to a child........perhaps just to a charity shop.....that is for you to decide... !! As long as it brings a bit of Christmas goodwill to somebody else!!

Best Rosemary xx

Jayne02/11/2018 08:52:39
675 forum posts
118 photos

I shall have a go Rosemary, seems like a fun project, where we all benefit.

Is there a deadline for the emails to you?

Jayne x

Eileen Foster02/11/2018 10:37:23
462 forum posts
264 photos

I'm in too please.

eileen

x

rosemary Rosenfeld02/11/2018 10:44:39
5636 forum posts
1548 photos
13 articles

How about DECEMBER 15th? There is no reason why you shouldn't give your stockings before then....and it would be nice to know where they are going! Best Rosemary

rosemary Rosenfeld04/11/2018 12:35:03
5636 forum posts
1548 photos
13 articles

Well....I have decided w​here mine is going even if I haven't actually started creating it yet! Every year may aunt raises as much as she can in order to send child(ren) to Lourdes together with as many helpers as they need ! She always has a stall at the Christmas bazaar and I always try to give something!Rx

Sylvia10/11/2018 16:16:50
2083 forum posts
342 photos

I am off to an hotel next weekend for my sessions with the Palma patchwork ladies. One of our little workshops is a Christmas stocking so if it's any good I will enter.

Beryl Hedley12/11/2018 13:20:08
821 forum posts
145 photos

Rosemary I will make a Christmas stocking. Not sure who it will go to.

Beryl

rosemary Rosenfeld14/11/2018 18:05:10
5636 forum posts
1548 photos
13 articles

Well...I made a stocking this afternoon....or rather completed one which had been lurking amongst some other ufos . I have been hand quilting it off and on for ages (years),and it was about time I finished it! Do you recognise it Irene? A picture will have to wait till the morning! Not enough good light now! Best Rosemary

rosemary Rosenfeld15/11/2018 08:36:10
5636 forum posts
1548 photos
13 articles

I am an idiot! Of course I can't post a photo yet! That will have to wait until December when I post them all!!

Best Rosemary

Eileen Foster19/11/2018 12:04:02
462 forum posts
264 photos

Sent you an email with the stockings. Mine will go to our local hospice Dove House. They usually raffle them as part of their fund raising.

eileen

x

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
Sewing Quarter
Crafting Live
The Cotton Patch
lewis and irene
Sarik
SewAndSo
C&T publishing
bredons
Search Press
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues