By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Festival of Quilts 2019

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
rosemary Rosenfeld13/07/2019 18:38:56
5685 forum posts
1659 photos
13 articles

Just about finished! I must give it a good going over in the morning...checking for threads etc....and sew on the label and cover it up....and then can go to the PO Monday morning!

Overall I am pleased with it...but there are a few things I wish I could have done better...but I did my best! Rx

Eileen Foster13/07/2019 19:48:45
474 forum posts
276 photos

I am so pleased you have finished it. It will be lovely and we can always look at our work and be overly critical. But you will have done a brilliant job.

Eileen x

rosemary Rosenfeld15/07/2019 12:50:58
5685 forum posts
1659 photos
13 articles

Well...it's on it's way...too late to change anything now!

I have just been totalling up..and I had just enough to cover my costs..but sadly nothing left over for charity this time(so far!!) Of course..we might win 🏆..you never know! And then we will have to decide what to do with it..any ideas?

Rosemary x

Margaret S16/07/2019 14:36:35
3905 forum posts
697 photos

Well done Rosemary. Hope they display it well.

Is it too much trouble for you to raffle it? After all your hard work we should try and raise some money for a charity from it.

Margaret

Carol B31/07/2019 17:26:59
3002 forum posts
776 photos
2 articles

Good luck to you Rosemary and all who contributed to the quilt. Look forward to seeing photos of it on the site

Carol B face 23

rosemary Rosenfeld07/08/2019 12:06:47
5685 forum posts
1659 photos
13 articles

judges1.jpg

judges2.jpg

rosemary Rosenfeld07/08/2019 12:10:33
5685 forum posts
1659 photos
13 articles

Well you can see what the judges thought....they were right ....it didn't hang as well as it should have done.....and yes the quilting does need improvement! But they did have some really positive things to say as well....so overall....I am at least content....and a bit pleased with the good parts!! Rx

Eileen Foster07/08/2019 12:29:58
474 forum posts
276 photos

I think when you consider it is pieced/made by lots of people it is amazing. the comments are constructive at least. but getting square on a large piece is very difficult. You did a brilliant job. I also agree with what Brenda said about some so heavily quilted they almost stand up on their own. I like a quilt to fold around me.

Margaret S07/08/2019 13:24:42
3905 forum posts
697 photos

Well done Rosemary. This was a huge undertaking on your part.

Constructive criticism helps us grow, and remember that you have given many of us the chance to boast that we have had our work exhibited at the foq!

Thank you.

Margaret

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Support Our Partners
Janome
lewis and irene
Sewing Quarter
Crafting Live
The Cotton Patch
C&T publishing
Search Press
bredons
SewAndSo
Sarik
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues