By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Popular Patchwork Announcement

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Sue 6229/06/2018 17:14:41
593 forum posts
29 photos

I know what you mean about the piles of magazines Maria. I am a terrible hoarder - comes from being a retired primary teacher I think. Nothing is useless in that job although my DH would probably disagree! So a few years ago I began to look through all my stitching and cross-stitch magazines and passed them on to friends and charity shops.

Last year I moved on to my p&q mags , tearing out the odd item and then passing them on at p&q and sewing groups. I now just have the last 2 years worth of several different p&q mags still with me and their days are numbered. At least I know that all my mags passed to appreciative folk!

Now I have to try and do the same with all my books, painting gear, kits etc. Probably some eBay selling/charity shops or on this site with fabrics(?). I think I'd need at least 30 years to complete all I have which would make me the grand old age of ....98!!

Lol Sue* surprise

Sue 6229/06/2018 17:16:23
593 forum posts
29 photos

Ps If anyone is looking for a particular magazine do message me.

maria hewitt29/06/2018 17:26:33
980 forum posts
186 photos
Sue, your house sounds like mine, I have tried all the hobbies under the sun, and have the boxes of stuff to prove it. My parents encouraged me to do lots of things, as mum was epileptic, pretty unmanagable at the time, my outdoor activities were limited, but I'm now a very capable Jill of all trades.
I have at least 5 years worth of "torn out" dressmaking and knitting pattern from the 80's also up for grabs if anyone's interested.
Maria.
Sue 6229/06/2018 17:57:39
593 forum posts
29 photos

'Sisters- in- hobbies' then! I forgot all my scrapping boxes too although some of that is gradually going to a friend's daughter and grand-daughters who make pages from photos of all their family activities! Brilliant!

With no children or nieces I do now realise that I've spent far too much money over the years.

My Mum was stricken with arthritis aged 28 and was inactive at times too. Also we are governed in some ways by our birth dates I suppose.

Must get on with a book I've promised to pass on. Nice to chat! Sue* smiley

Joanna Kent01/07/2018 12:41:26
12 forum posts
8 articles

Hi Maria and Sylvia

If you check out the 'Chat' conversation, there are instructions on how to get a new number so you can access the back issues online.
I'm assuming you had subscriptions to both magazines. Was just a glitch that popped up after the merger went through

Joanna

Sylvia02/07/2018 13:41:43
2151 forum posts
358 photos

Thank you Joanna I will check it out.

Sylvia04/07/2018 11:28:09
2151 forum posts
358 photos

OK, having got a new sub. no. I can now get into mags but only the P & Q ones. Has anyone managed to get into back numbers of PP - for which we have paid?? !!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
The Cotton Patch
ECT
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues