By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

How do yo u do your bindings

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Margaret S14/03/2018 07:52:12
3917 forum posts
705 photos
Winnie,

Bagging - Eleanor Burns calls it 'birthing'!

Top and backing rs together. Stitch all round on seam allowance leaving an opening. Pull quilt through the opening (birthing) to the rs and pull the corners into shape. Stitch opening closed and then top stitch all round to stop the edges rolling back

Hope that makes sense.

Margaret

Edited By Margaret S on 14/03/2018 07:53:40

Edited By Margaret S on 14/03/2018 07:54:48

Edited By Margaret S on 14/03/2018 08:00:08

Eileen Foster14/03/2018 17:55:25
490 forum posts
282 photos

ooh I like the sound of that technique. Mentioned it to my daughter [the fashion graduate one] and her comment was

'remember your linings mother!' yes it is a similar technique blush

Eileen

x

Fiona15/03/2018 13:30:06
3115 forum posts
465 photos

Winnie, that's a good idea to avoid stretch. Starch does the same job too. I need to make some more starch up, actually. I bought a bag from Lakeland a few years ago and mix it with alcohol instead of water in a spray bottle, but plain ordinary cornflour does the trick too apparently. The alcohol means it keeps for ages.

Winnie the B.O.L.B15/03/2018 18:10:59
3333 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Margaret S - thank you for replying - your extra info is very much appreciated - I totally understood the method after your explanation. It's a super idea in these cases.

Fiona - thanks you to you also - I'm glad my idea is of some use but your more economic version is absolutely great. I must give it a try as Vilene itself is harder on the purse than your starch version. The alcohol additive is a wonderful inspiration. I definitely try it next time it fits the bill.

Margaret/Winnie xx

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
The Cotton Patch
Sewing Quarter
Crafting Live
lewis and irene
SewAndSo
Search Press
bredons
C&T publishing
Sarik
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues