By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Show and Tell 2018

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Margaret S31/12/2018 17:39:04
3884 forum posts
691 photos
Great, Rosemary. Love the robin. My mum had a thing about robins too. Whereas I have loads in the garden all year, she was thrilled if she saw one. Mind you, her cat Andy might have had something to do with that!

Margaret
Carol B06/01/2019 09:41:28
3000 forum posts
776 photos
2 articles

Hi All,

there have been lots of brilliant quilts, bags, runners etc on here throughout the year, and everyone has been really busy. I have been slow to get things done but thought that I would just add my last 2 finished projects for 2018.

frilled lizard.jpg

My first attempt at stained glass quilting using a pattern from Just Patchwork.

ems quilt.jpg

And a double bed quilt I started several years ago for my Aunt, who died whilst I was still piecing it. Finally finished it - it is quilted using trailing flowers and leaves, as she loved plants, and the colours were chosen for her cheery disposition which always made me smile.

Carol B face 23

Eileen Foster06/01/2019 16:28:34
444 forum posts
256 photos

wow Carol they are both beautiful. I haven't tried stained glass designs . yet!.

the quilt is a lovely tribute to your aunt. what a shame she never saw it. but it was stitched with love and thought.

eileen

x

pamela jeffrey06/01/2019 22:17:40
3192 forum posts
114 photos

Carol

Like both of them. I love doing stained glass.

Also like the bright colours of the quilt

Pam

maria hewitt10/01/2019 14:20:11
961 forum posts
183 photos

dsc_0197.jpgwell, I havnt done as much quilting as I might have done, but have busied myself with other things, dressmaking,bags, and revamping a couple of chests of drawers. heres some pics.

dsc_0274.jpg

maria hewitt10/01/2019 14:40:56
961 forum posts
183 photos

dsc_0280.jpgdsc_0286.jpgdsc_0287.jpg

sorry about the crick in the neck, theres some christmas bags, in an attempt to go "green" and chest of drawers, i decorated. interior design was a thing in my hobbies/ qualifications before I hit the sewing machine from my youthe. I amm Vowing not to buy any more fabric, as I really wont use what i have, am wondering where I can donate locally, noit sure the charity shops will appreciate it.

rosemary Rosenfeld10/01/2019 15:12:03
5619 forum posts
1548 photos
13 articles

My...... you have been busy Maria! Lovely things!

Charity shops might welcome fabric.......Linus certainly will......have you tried contacting your local organiser? Or perhaps a local quilting group could use it for charity work in some way! Worth a phone call at least!

Best Rosemary

rosemary Rosenfeld12/01/2019 12:43:39
5619 forum posts
1548 photos
13 articles

Hr are some WIPs......2 more baby quilts....

cars and lorries.jpg

I know the plain(ish) blocks here are all from my birthday squishies.......

new diggers.jpg

Best Rosemary

Eileen Foster12/01/2019 15:59:25
444 forum posts
256 photos

these are lovely Rosemary, some little one will love these. Can I ask what does WIP stand for?

Eileen

x

Sylvia12/01/2019 16:38:38
2083 forum posts
342 photos

Fantastic end to the year ladies, lovely things. Wow Carol that certainly is a new take on stained glass. Love it. I have actually just been putting bindings on two table mats made in last few months. I would hate to stop sewing and certainly need to do some if there is a gap but I just don't seem to do very much these days.

One project I will do is to finish the lovely top I have made up with lots of hug hearts.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sewing Quarter
Janome
Crafting Live
The Cotton Patch
lewis and irene
C&T publishing
SewAndSo
Search Press
bredons
Sarik
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues