By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Show and Tell 2018

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Eileen Foster29/07/2018 15:13:31
610 forum posts
332 photos

I had a day quilting yesterday with the group I go to. We were making Linus quilts. this is my first one.

I had some fishing fabrics so I thought a young man might like it.

linus quilt fishing.jpg

the next two photos show the detail of each fishing fabric.

fish fabric.jpg

fishing fabric.jpg

Margaret S31/07/2018 13:35:01
4010 forum posts
752 photos

Love the masculine Linus quilt, Eileen. Someone is going to be very happy.

Thought I had better start putting up photos of what I have been doing this year. Here are the first 2.

Jenny died in 2016 and this 7ft sandwiched quilt was found in her stash. We quilted it for her family. I machine quilted the last 2 borders and bound it. Had just finished the quilting when I found 4 small holes - 1990's material. I hid 2 in the binding and the other 2 had to be patched.

Quilted by Jennys friends

The next photo is what I am working on now, using up my scraps. 19 rings and I have just completed 6th ring!

W.I.P Cassini Quilt

Margaret

pamela jeffrey31/07/2018 22:33:55
3192 forum posts
114 photos

Like all the new things on here. Every one been busy

Margaret S01/08/2018 11:01:16
4010 forum posts
752 photos

We had a bag making Saturday where we each turned up with our own bag pattern. This one came from an American quilt magazine circa 2014. The others thought it funny seeing me fighting with pattern pieces 42'' x 15". Tie across top.

Bag making Saturday Workshoo

We had a scrap busting Saturday Workshop. I played around with my Creative Grids 60 degree triangle ruler and came up with this. Piece of 1990's fabric on the back.

Margaret

Scrap busting Saturday Workshop

Scrap busting quilt backed with 1990s fabric.

rosemary Rosenfeld02/08/2018 08:31:20
5854 forum posts
1716 photos
13 articles

Well​ Margaret...you have been really busy! I love the star quilt especially! Best Rosemary

pamela jeffrey02/08/2018 09:10:20
3192 forum posts
114 photos

Love your makes Margaret.

The bag is a lovely style.

I must get sewing properly again.

Bye Pam

Eileen Foster02/08/2018 12:29:25
610 forum posts
332 photos

wow these are beautiful creations. I love the quilting spiral Margaret, is it freehand or did you use a stencil?

Eileen

Margaret S02/08/2018 15:08:53
4010 forum posts
752 photos
Thank you Rosemary, Pam and Eileen.

Eileen,no.I moved the needle hard across to the right and used the edge of my walking foot on my Pfaff as a guide to go round in circles. I could have used the quilting guide bar but I find this tends to bounce off. If I'd used my Janome Horizon I could have had the lines 3/4" apart.

You need a machine with a wider space to the right of the needle and it is one of the most boring jobs in the world! I did a bobbin's worth of thread at a time and it took me about 4 1/2 hours in total.

Margaret
Margaret S02/08/2018 15:38:45
4010 forum posts
752 photos

Didn't think that I had achieved much this year! Thanks to the hot weather I have been sewing in the cool part of the bungalow.

UFO#4 Zapped. 2012 Friendship Block Swap. I asked for Moon beyond the mountain. I have put the 10th block on the back.

UFO#4 zapped 2012 Friendship Block Swap

I am a fan of Victoria Findlay Wolfe and wanted to make her herringbone quilt but did not want to buy her new book just for one quilt. I found plenty of instructions on the web for the construction process so did my own version using scraps, some of them are very old. Used cotton seersucker on the back and quilted with one of the serpentine stitches on my Pfaff elongated to it's max.

Herringbone Quilt using scraps

Margaret (One more to photograph!)

rosemary Rosenfeld02/08/2018 18:34:49
5854 forum posts
1716 photos
13 articles

I remember making the block but I can't remember which one is mine now! Do you have plans for this one? Or is it a keeper? Best Rosemary

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues