By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

thermal lining for table mats?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Eileen Foster27/10/2017 16:00:30
474 forum posts
276 photos

I am making some tablemats for my daughter and have bought insulbright [well I think that's what it is called?] thermal wadding. There is a slightly fluffy side and a less fluffy more shiny side. Does it matter which way up it goes?

Thanks for any help.

Margaret S27/10/2017 17:52:16
3905 forum posts
697 photos
Never used it Eileen but on the web it seems to say that there is no right side. Seems you need extra cotton wadding if making oven gloves.

Empress Mills has some good advice on their web site for using it.

Margaret
Eileen Foster27/10/2017 18:09:42
474 forum posts
276 photos

Thanks Margaret, I will have a look at them. don't think I have come across them before.

Eileen

x

Carol B29/10/2017 16:48:30
3002 forum posts
776 photos
2 articles

Hi Eileen,

I have used the insulbright. for placemats and it didn't seem to matter which way up it was. Really it depends whether you want a slightly soften feel at the top or bottom of your mat. Plus I would suggest trying stitching a small sample to see if your machine has any preference (if that makes sense).

Empress Mills site should be helpful and if you still have questions the people there are extremely helpful.

Carol B face 23

Eileen Foster29/10/2017 17:50:10
474 forum posts
276 photos

Thanks Carol and yes it does make sense.

Eileen

x

Eileen Foster01/11/2017 12:59:34
474 forum posts
276 photos

my machine prefers the fluffy side up and it doesn't half blunt the needles too. but they are done. photos are on the show and tell if you are interested.

eileen

x

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Support Our Partners
The Cotton Patch
Crafting Live
Janome
Sewing Quarter
lewis and irene
SewAndSo
C&T publishing
Sarik
Search Press
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues