By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

September challenge

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Emma Kennedy06/11/2017 13:43:12
52 forum posts

Oh you talented lot! They are all gorgeous and so Autumnal! Well done for following the brief so well, I'm truly impressed!

I'm going to announce the winner tomorrow morning, so if there are any last minute entries, you have till then.

Emma

x

Emma Kennedy07/11/2017 14:10:48
52 forum posts

Hi everyone, as promised I’m here to announce the winner to the October challenge.

Absolutely lovely entries again, and all so original and different. I do enjoy setting briefs as everyone’s interpretation is so different. When I brief the designers for the magazine, I’m always intrigued as to what will come back. Brenda as I mentioned, I loved the surprise of what was behind the cover and Shiela I thought yours was so atmospheric and like Brenda’s wonderfully illustrative.

But, without further ado, this month’s winner is…. Drum roll… Glenda with the gorgeous Owls. I love the top stitching which gives that lovely hand-made quality, the cute factor provided by the owls themselves- and of course the sheer practicality of it.

I have selected a second book in the Zakka Style series as a prize, which is a lovely collection of 25 projects ‘stitched with ease, to give, use and enjoy’.

Glenda, PM me your address and I’ll pop it in the post today!

I’m off on holiday now for a week, but I believe Rosemary will be giving you details of the December competition, with a particularly festive feel!

Have a great week everyone,

Emma x

rosemary Rosenfeld07/11/2017 16:06:26
5854 forum posts
1716 photos
13 articles

Well done Glenda and I hope you enjoy your prize!

I am just going to start a new thread for this month's challenge! Best Rosemary

rosemary Rosenfeld07/11/2017 16:19:23
5854 forum posts
1716 photos
13 articles

And here is that new post....please use that one for any messages for me!!

Good afternoon everyone....as Emma posted....this month is a joint effort between the 2 of us!

I am proposing a Christmas postcard swap..... with all entries to be made by December 3rd. with all images to be emailed to me by that date.......I will then send out your swap partner and upload all the images anonymously ready for Emma to select the winner!!

For any newbies ......a post card is usually approx 6 ins by 4 ins....with a back and a front made of fabric....... maybe some thin wadding and something stiff in the middle an interfacing of some sort usually. It can be placed in an envelope but I like to post mine "naked" if you will excuse the language!!

Please do join in......it's great to swap something as small as this!

Best Rosemsry

Carol B07/11/2017 16:46:28
3003 forum posts
776 photos
2 articles

Congratulations Glenda, such cute owls and so practical too.

Sheila, I have to confess that I love your picture - it made me quite home-sick for the small- holding we used to have.

Carol B face 23

Glenda F07/11/2017 16:53:11
1643 forum posts
218 photos

Thank you Emma looking forward to getting the book

Glenda

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues