By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

September challenge

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Emma Kennedy05/09/2017 14:24:40
52 forum posts

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE!

Inspired by your BOMs I have decided to add a little bit more of a creative edge for those who like a bit of a challenge!

Hopefully you have by now received the September issue of Popular Patchwork with the free pincushion fabric and pattern? So, thinking of a quick challenge… I thought I would ask you to create your own sewing kit accessory. It can be anything you wish in any fabric. It could be a needle case, a pouch or sewing roll- or even a pincushion (no such thing as too many pincushions!). It can be patchwork, applique or embroidery. It can be embellished or plain, the choice is yours!

Simply upload your pictures by October 1st with a few words about your design and the winner will receive a mystery prize!

Emma

rosemary Rosenfeld06/09/2017 13:59:30
5685 forum posts
1659 photos
13 articles

Like a few others.....I am about to go away so won't be able to make anything new.....but...... here are a couple of items that I use every day.......

This was a swap gift....from Simone at FoQ 2016....and I have it by my side all the time I am sewing...

by simone .jpg

And this was also a swap at FoQ....2015....(I think) from Di.....and again I use it every day!

sewing1.jpg

sewing2.jpg

rosemary Rosenfeld06/09/2017 14:11:29
5685 forum posts
1659 photos
13 articles

And finally......something I have just finished for myself. A small covered note book......with the addition of a sewing bookmark...

book.jpg

It helps me keep track of all my quilting "to -do"s ! Best Rosemary

Emma Kennedy06/09/2017 16:38:49
52 forum posts

Hi Rosemary,

They are exactly the type of projects I was thinking of, pity you wont be able to join in! Love the sewing roll- what a great swap!

Here's to the next time!

Emma

Brenda in OZ07/09/2017 08:12:43
486 forum posts
157 photos
33 articles

Thank you Emma,

I'll see what inspiration I can muster!

Watch this space.................

Brenda in OZ

PS Rosemary. those book covers are great. You can find them much easier when they are "lost"

Alison07/09/2017 09:15:53
1833 forum posts
237 photos
1 articles

Rosemary,

The sewing roll was from the secret Santa swap that year. I know because I made it.

Alison.

rosemary Rosenfeld07/09/2017 10:19:29
5685 forum posts
1659 photos
13 articles

So sorry about that Alison.... everything else is correct...I love it and use it constantly! Best Rosemary

Sue 6207/09/2017 13:30:49
593 forum posts
29 photos

Hi Rosemary,

Surely your lovely notebook cover is suitable for the competition? Sue*

rosemary Rosenfeld07/09/2017 14:19:06
5685 forum posts
1659 photos
13 articles

I suppose it could........ so please count my book cover as my entry Emma! Best Rosemary

Brenda in OZ08/09/2017 07:51:54
486 forum posts
157 photos
33 articles

I've had a fun day in the sewing room, my first in almost a month!

I came up with two items, one is an update of my original sewing companion, much simpler than the original and the second one is a folding needle case. I had some small circular Japanese panels in my stash and didn't know what to do with them so here's an idea.

sewingcompanionupdated.jpg sewingcompanionupdated2.jpg

needlecase.jpg needlecase3.jpg Looking forward to seeing all the other ideas.

Brenda

needlecase2.jpg Brenda in OZ

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Support Our Partners
Janome
The Cotton Patch
Sewing Quarter
lewis and irene
Crafting Live
bredons
C&T publishing
Sarik
Search Press
SewAndSo
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues