By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Hello and catch-up...

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Emma Kennedy05/09/2017 14:16:18
52 forum posts

Oh My!

Where does the time go?

It has been a very busy few weeks since the Festival of Quilts, which I must say was pretty amazing. So, I’ll give you all an abbreviated account of what’s been happening in the world of Popular Patchwork!

The FOQ was a first for me. Having been a regular at various other shows including the Knitting and Stitching show, I had a good idea of what to expect, and wasn’t disappointed! I absolutely loved it. Apart from all the obvious excitement of seeing the show quilts and exhibitions, it was also a great opportunity to meet the readers- which is always interesting, and of course lovely to put names to faces from designers and advertisers to the trusty Forum members including Rosemary and Carol (Thimble) and the sorely missed Katy Purvis! It was also good to catch up with some old faces- Kaffe and Brandon, Stuart Hillard and to meet one of my all-time favourite designers Victoria Findlay Wolfe - who was as dynamic as her quilts.

We also had the winning quilts from the Lewis and Irene competition on display, which looked great and received lots of attention- not least from members of the winning groups! 1st Prize St Thomas Stitch and Chat group, 2nd Prize Chelford Patchers and 3rd Prize Cake and Crafting group. There’s a full write up in the October issue!

Straight after the show, it was back to Brighton – via London (where my car decided to break down!) and finishing off the October issue which goes on sale Friday! It was then onto shooting the November issue where I had to create a particularly Christmassy theme! Fortunately, over the years I have had quite a bit of experience of ‘Christmas in August’ shoots, so with fake snow and Christmas trees at the ready, we set to work and I hope you’ll all approve of the results!

So it has been pretty busy, but as someone on Instagram recently commented on one of my posts ‘’ what a great job you have’’… and at the risk of sounding smug, they’re right, I have!

Look out for the September Challenge... coming next!

Emma

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Support Our Partners
Sewing Quarter
lewis and irene
Janome
The Cotton Patch
Crafting Live
Search Press
Sarik
bredons
SewAndSo
C&T publishing
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues