By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Just joined you

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Eileen Foster29/08/2017 14:09:23
444 forum posts
256 photos

Hi I thought I'd posted a thread saying I have joined but as yet I cant find it or any responses. It is a couple of days ago so perhaps I'm being impatient.

Perhaps I need help in navigating this forum too frown

Margaret S29/08/2017 17:10:04
3884 forum posts
691 photos
Welcome Eileen.

Just a quick hello as I am about to walk the dogs.

Sorry that no one responded the other day. I managed to miss your post as well.

Have fun looking around. Ask any questions and hopefully one of us will reply. We don't mesn to be rude.

Margaret

Irene B29/08/2017 19:35:35
4433 forum posts
405 photos

Hi Eileen and welcome to the Forum. This is a very friendly place to chat, show your work, ask advice about anything and there are swaps that you can join in which are fun. I look forward to seeing what you are working on.

I haven't been on here for some time as other things have been grabbing my attention!

Irene rose

Jayne29/08/2017 20:23:41
675 forum posts
118 photos

Welcome Eileen to our small and friendly group, I'm sure there are many more out there who don't post. There's plenty of experience here but we are all learners and novices in something. We'd love to see your works of art.

Jayne x

Eileen Foster29/08/2017 20:56:24
444 forum posts
256 photos

hello and thank you for welcoming me.

how many are in the forum? I belong to a gardening one with about 2,000 but there are only about 30 regulars of which I am one.

I love putting fabrics together and making usable quilts. so far I have made a double for my youngest daughter 20 12" patches. A single quilt of 15 12" patches for my niece and a 21 12" patch bed runner for my eldest daughter.

being self critical there is very little quilting, really just outlining the outlines of the designs within the patches. Both my girls didn't want them too heavily done so that was a blessing.

I started this hobby in February as I retired last year. But I have been sewing and embroidering for the last 45 years.

I will be asking for help with the quilt as you go method in the near future.

I will have to learn how to add photos.

Eileen

x

rosemary Rosenfeld29/08/2017 22:48:29
5619 forum posts
1548 photos
13 articles

Welcome Eileen...we are always happy to help or share!

You mentioned the birthday swap...i 'm sorry.....that is coming to the end...so no new joiners.....ditto with the friendship swap. There are a couple of things you could join..... there is an ongoing monthly block non swap and a 4 patch swap as well! There are threads for both of them.....so take a look!

If you'd like to join in with the 4 patch swap...send me a pm. If you look at the grey line underneath this post...the first option is message member.. click on that and you will be able to send me a note!

Just a reminder...we don't usually put addresses and phone numbers on the forum for everyone to see!

Best Rosemary

Jayne29/08/2017 22:56:01
675 forum posts
118 photos

If you want to add photos then you need to go to the top grey bar, click on the "albums" tab and create your own album/s. Then when they are in your own album you can post them in the forum threads. This order is important, ask me how I know, yes I keep forgetting it too.... x

Sylvia30/08/2017 14:11:54
2083 forum posts
342 photos

Welcome Eileen. This is a great place to keep in touch with lots of lovely ladies. I live in Mallorca but know some of the members from visits to Festival of Quilts.

Quilt as you go is something I like and have made several quilts like this. Ask us when you are ready. Do look at the monthly non swap thread. I am taking part even though I haven't done anything yet. I am doing the Oct. block and have chosen one so now have to make it. It's not necessary to do every one, I certainly can't but plan some and will probably make tables mats or cushions from them as I definitely do not need or want any more quilts! Can't stop sewing and patchworking though because I love it.

Eileen Foster30/08/2017 14:38:25
444 forum posts
256 photos

thanks for all the welcomes. I will certainly look at the non swap thread as I enjoy trying new designs.

Sue 6230/08/2017 19:01:56
593 forum posts
29 photos

Hi and wecome to you too Eileen. The ladies are all great fun, helpful about anything that even faintly resembles patchwork and quilting and forgive my sometimes 'interesting' sewing! The swaps already mentioned are easy to join and you receive in return lovely fabrics you may never have seen before. Sue*

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
lewis and irene
The Cotton Patch
Janome
Crafting Live
Sewing Quarter
bredons
Search Press
SewAndSo
C&T publishing
Sarik
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues