By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Best Quilting Sewing machine?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Barbara Mcfarlane08/02/2017 15:55:04
3 forum posts

Hello, I'm new to the community my name's Barb, I've just started my sewing, quilting business and just wanted to ask everyone, what brand of quilting sewing machine would you recommend, something cheaper perhaps? Thank you so much!

Margaret S09/02/2017 15:25:32
3882 forum posts
687 photos

Welcome to the Forum, Barb. Have fun looking around here. We are a friendly lot and if you have a problem post it here and there is usually someone who can help.

My go-to machines are probably out of your price range, but my workshop machine is a good little work-horse and more and more of my friends are using it both as a workshop machine and as their main machine. It is a Janome DXL 603. It's not too fancy, but has a good but small selection of stitches. When I bought mine it came with an extension table. There is a cheaper Janome but it is more basic and does not have as many stitches.

It's always best to try before you buy to make sure that whatever you chose suits you.

Good luck.

Margaret

Carol B09/02/2017 16:57:49
3000 forum posts
776 photos
2 articles

Hello Barb,

Welcome. Like Margaret I have to admit to a great fondness for Janome machines, My first one was a 6260QC, and whilst I have another more expensive machine now I still find the first one to be a reliable workhorse and a pleasure to sew with.

I, too, would definitely recommend that you try first. Is there a reliable shop close by where you can go and try different machines, and discuss what would suit your requirements?

Good luck in finding the right one for you.

Carol Bface 23

Barbara Mcfarlane09/02/2017 18:32:52
3 forum posts
Posted by Margaret S on 09/02/2017 15:25:32:

Welcome to the Forum, Barb. Have fun looking around here. We are a friendly lot and if you have a problem post it here and there is usually someone who can help.

My go-to machines are probably out of your price range, but my workshop machine is a good little work-horse and more and more of my friends are using it both as a workshop machine and as their main machine. It is a Janome DXL 603. It's not too fancy, but has a good but small selection of stitches. When I bought mine it came with an extension table. There is a cheaper Janome but it is more basic and does not have as many stitches.

It's always best to try before you buy to make sure that whatever you chose suits you.

Good luck.

Margaret

Hi Margaret thank you so much! I look forward to browse around and learn a lot about quilting and stuff and also show some of my work as well, my friend recommended that brand as well and it seems like a good choice of brand, I'll look that up in the market I hope I could score a cheap one though, Thank you for responding! I really appreciate it

Barbara Mcfarlane09/02/2017 18:40:20
3 forum posts
Posted by Carol B on 09/02/2017 16:57:49:

Hello Barb,

Welcome. Like Margaret I have to admit to a great fondness for Janome machines, My first one was a 6260QC, and whilst I have another more expensive machine now I still find the first one to be a reliable workhorse and a pleasure to sew with.

I, too, would definitely recommend that you try first. Is there a reliable shop close by where you can go and try different machines, and discuss what would suit your requirements?

Good luck in finding the right one for you.

Carol Bface 23

Hey Carol! I would definitely take your word for it and try it first, by the way I live here in the sunny part of Florida, Daytona Beach. But I am originally from North Carolina. I moved here when I got married. Thank you so much and I do hope I find the perfect one.

Nicole Taylor23/03/2019 20:18:21
4 forum posts

In this article you'll find best sewing machine for quilting

Kaile Sharon19/04/2019 18:19:22
1 forum posts

Hi Barb,

Finding the best sewing machine for quilting is not so easy. Singer S16 Studio might be a good option for quilting.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sewing Quarter
lewis and irene
Crafting Live
Janome
The Cotton Patch
bredons
C&T publishing
Search Press
SewAndSo
Sarik
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues