By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

PP Slimming Group 2017

Losing weight together

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Diane Ford06/01/2017 12:19:49
469 forum posts
60 photos

Let's all help each other to shed that excess weight.

Diane Ford06/01/2017 12:27:33
469 forum posts
60 photos

I weigh 11st 4lb now, so I've lost another pound since I last checked in four weeks ago.

Putting weedproof membrane and 115 bags of plum slate chippings on my back garden over the Christmas period helped enormously 😉

Diane

Edited By Diane Ford on 06/01/2017 12:30:56

rosemary Rosenfeld06/01/2017 13:34:16
5619 forum posts
1548 photos
13 articles

Good idea Diane... well done you! best Rosemary

Sue 6207/01/2017 23:08:39
593 forum posts
29 photos

Hi, I've just put my pedometer back on and I'm averaging 2 miles a day mostly just round the bungalow! Unfortunately my enforced rest has meant about 6 lbs have gone back on not helped of course by loads of chocs etc!Good luck to all, Sue*

Diane Ford20/01/2017 12:03:31
469 forum posts
60 photos

I weigh 11st 3lb today, so I've lost another pound in the last two weeks. It feels so good to be back on track. It's really hard when you think you're being good about what you eat, but the weight won't budge.

How is everyone else doing with their weightloss? You've all been very quiet recently.

Diane

maria hewitt21/01/2017 13:59:50
961 forum posts
183 photos

I'm happy as long as my weight doesnt go up. I know i'm overweight, but I have never dieted, I have a fear of having an empty stomach i think, as it reminds me of when I had crohns disease, and went down to 6 stone.

I unexpectedly lost half a stone , just before my cancer was diagnosed, I was unaware that ti was one of the symptoms at the time. ( ikept it off though).

Good luck,

Marai.

Diane Ford21/01/2017 14:45:25
469 forum posts
60 photos

Maria

I want to lose weight purely for health reasons. I don't drive, so I have to walk if I want to go anywhere. My knees are so painful these days, and I get so out of breath when I walk anywhere, and I'm sure both those things would be greatly improved if I weighed less.

Diane

Margaret S23/01/2017 09:56:12
3884 forum posts
691 photos

My weight has stayed pretty constant for some time, plus or minus a pound here and there. Wish it would go down. Walking the dogs may have taken my long standing hip pain away but it hasn't helped me lose any weight. Didn't put any weight on over Christmas but this was partly due to the dentist injury to my lips making it difficult for me to open my mouth very wide! Also didn't get given any chocolates and couldn't be bothered to drink.

Good luck to all who are trying to lose weight or keep weight off.

Margaret

Tessa23/01/2017 17:09:51
5765 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles

Diane, I've been to see the nurse about a health check. Everything seemed fine until she told me my BMI was too high... I KNOW THAT.... I went to see the doctor on Saturday about my knee...it's falling apart...needs a replacement sometime this year. She said it wouldn't happen until I loose weight. I KNOW THAT. I'm not telling anyone what my weight is, as I'm too embarrassed. BUT, I have been given some information about Fit-4-You which is a new program that doctors surgeries are recommending...so I'm going to look into that. Plus a friend of mine is helping to get my fat little ass to Slimming World.

So.... If I keep slapping myself across the back of the head, maybe this will be the year I do something about it all.

Any and all encouragement from my friends on here will be greatly appreciate. heart

Tessa xx

Diane Ford23/01/2017 23:38:07
469 forum posts
60 photos

Tessa

I hope going to Slimming World helps you. I went to a slimming group with my mum a long time ago. It was when I first started to put on excess weight, and it really helped me. I knew I was going to be weighed again at the next meeting, and I didn't want to have to admit to having failed to lose weight, so I was determined to lose something every single week. I'm sure doing something like that would be beneficial to me again now, but unfortunately it won't happen.

Good luck.

Diane

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sewing Quarter
Janome
Crafting Live
The Cotton Patch
lewis and irene
C&T publishing
SewAndSo
Search Press
bredons
Sarik
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues