Westalee Rulers

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Carol B14/11/2016 14:22:30
3002 forum posts
776 photos
2 articles

Hi,

I know some of you have bought Westalee rulers and ruler foot.

Has anyone got one for the Janome MC 6600.

I measured my machine and thought I needed a high shank foot but the shop advises a low shank foot. I would appreciate advice from anyone who has fitted and used a foot on this Janome machine.

Thanks

Carol B face 23

rosemary Rosenfeld14/11/2016 14:42:05
5694 forum posts
1660 photos
13 articles

I have been thinking about them too! I contacted them because I couldn't find my machine listed and they sent me the following info......

FOOT & TEMPLATE THICKNESS:

If you do not know what shank your machine is, all you need to do is lower your foot and then measure the height of the center of the hole for the screw from the needle plate.

http://www.westalee.com.au/thumbs/tem/shank.jpg

I don't know if that helps! Best Rosemary

Margaret S14/11/2016 14:42:34
3911 forum posts
703 photos

Sorry, cannot help with this Carol. I saw that Janome could be either high or low shank, very helpful, and my Horizon wasn't mentioned at all. If it was Cotton Patch I would have thought that they should know, otherwise contact Westalee direct. I am still trying to decide if I should splurge out on these!

Love the results Alison is achieving.

Margaret

Carol B14/11/2016 14:59:11
3002 forum posts
776 photos
2 articles

Thanks Rosemary and Margaret.

Have emailed Cottonpatch and they say I need a high shank for the Horizon and a low shank for the MC6600. I have followed their instructions for measuring and both my machines appear to be the same 1" thus needing a high shank so I am a little puzzled.

I loved Alison's work too and DH wanted to buy me the rulers and foot for my birthday early Jan, so I am trying to sort out ahead of time to give him correct info.

Carol B face 23

Alison14/11/2016 19:06:16
1833 forum posts
237 photos
1 articles

Hi Carol,

First thanks for the comments.

I have a Janome MC6600p, and I have a high shank foot.

It's important you get the correct foot, I'm not so sure it matters as much for the rulers. Which ones are you interested in?

Alison.

Carol B14/11/2016 19:42:23
3002 forum posts
776 photos
2 articles

Hi Alison,

Many thanks for confirming foot size for me. I have PM'd you.

Carol B

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
lewis and irene
Sewing Quarter
Crafting Live
Janome
The Cotton Patch
C&T publishing
bredons
Search Press
Sarik
SewAndSo
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues