By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Postcard swap

Main thread for the postcard swap

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

Postcard Holder

Postcard Holder

This simple holder is the perfect way to show off your postcards or photographs. Design and text Brenda Dean 2009, Photographs Peter Dean 2009.

Priscilla15/06/2008 20:25:00
95 forum posts
14 photos

I love making postcards for family gifts, thank you notes and hello to friends. 

Is there anyone else  making them.?

Since joining  a list of friends and acquaintances for Round Robin postcards, I have quite a collection of beautifully worked postcards.  Each person selects a theme and makes a 2" x 2" block and sends on to the next person down on the list, when all 6 blocks turn up, you make up the postcard and send  it completed.  Hence my postcard of hats in the gallery.

Priscilla16/06/2008 10:08:00
95 forum posts
14 photos
I am not very competent on the computer and today I found a 'thread on postcards'  already in the forum, which is very interesting.  Must look a little harder next time.
Cath16/06/2008 18:47:00
871 forum posts
195 photos
That sounds like a fun idea Priscilla, I also enjoy making postcards for friends and family but have never been involved in any swaps, or your unusual Round Robin idea. It must be a real challenge to work on something that is only 2"x2", and the photo you have put onto the gallery is lovely, and so detailed for such tiny blocks! I also love your penguin postcard.
Janet M01/09/2008 01:34:00
5700 forum posts
1170 photos
4 articles

Hi, I have just joined this group and am having a look round all the things to see what is going on.

I am so pleased to have found a fellow postcarder. I just love making these little gems. They are very addictive arent they? I have been in swaps all round the world, it is great when they droup through your letterbox. 

Cath01/09/2008 11:48:00
871 forum posts
195 photos

Hi Janet,

I love making postcards too, so when the strip swap is finished, a postcard swap could be the next idea for any interested members.  I haven't been involved in any postcard swaps before, but maybe you could give us some ideas for how to make a start with one.

Fiona Tulloch01/09/2008 12:14:00
36 forum posts
5 photos

I have just finished a Postcard Swap,  Unfortunately only 13 of the 24 people who signed up actually sent out Postcards.  Which means I made and posted 24 but only received 13 back. 

Some of the ones I received were very dull, very little imagination had gone into them.  I definately wouldn't do one of this size again as although people had 6 months to do them all, the number that had to be made was quite daunting.

Most of mine came from areas in the States which was fun with only 2 from Britian.

Fiona

Janet M01/09/2008 12:21:00
5700 forum posts
1170 photos
4 articles

Hello Fiona, yes it is most annoying when that happens, there will unfortunately always be the odd one or two - sometimes more - people who sign up just so they can receive a postcard. I too was in a group that had 24, I sent out the 24 needed but only got 11 in return. I am now more careful who I send to.

What a shame you only received dull ones, I have had some amazing cards.  Cath I would love to swap cards with anyone. I love making them.

Can anyone help me with this forum thingy, I couldnt find my way in to get the reply to original message, I had to go through my email and I really dont like doing that.   I havent managed to work anything out yet, is there a help page anywhere.

Mind you having just asked, how will I find the answer when it comes as I am sure it will. Ho hum!!

Just to let everyone know.

Saying it quietly too.

The sun is shining today.  Hooray!! 

Katy01/09/2008 12:41:00
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Janet,

Hello there, try this link!

http://www.popularpatchwork.com/news/article.asp?UAN=14

This is a link to the forum Help Guide, it can be found on the front page of the Forum section, which you can get to by clicking the "Forum" tab at the top of the page.

"Latest Posts" is a useful place to start, here you can see the latest discussions, and hopefully find the thread you are interested in.

Let me know if you get stuck

Katy

Janet M01/09/2008 12:54:00
5700 forum posts
1170 photos
4 articles

Hi Katy,

Oh bless you I will have a good read of it later. Meantime the sun is calling me and my washing. Boring!!!

janet 

Brenda Rialland01/09/2008 16:32:00
43 forum posts
4 photos
I have been in several post card swaps via the internet, there is always a lot of chat before the swap gets started, and some people had marvellous ideas for the themes we were offered.  I have received some lovely cards and found the participants were very willing to explain how they made them.  The biggest problem is that I live in rural France and most of the others were in the USA..  Lots of the fabrics and suppies they used were are almost imposssible to get here which meant that I had to order a lot via the internet.  It would have been nice if I could have just popped into a shop and browsed.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sewing Quarter
The Cotton Patch
lewis and irene
Janome
Crafting Live
Sarik
bredons
SewAndSo
C&T publishing
Search Press
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues