1661 photos
13 articles

Oh good.... that's a good start to the swap! Best Rosemary

Winnie the B.O.L.B14/11/2016 08:50:31
3333 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Hi Margaret,

I've copied a wee message that i have just received from Simone. I forwarded her your Forum message about having finally received her block and she, in turn, replied, not realising that it was to a "no reply" address! She had wanted to try to reply "independently" of having to ask me to post a note on her part! I have written to her explaining what happened and telling her that I would post a copy of her reply plus a translation.

I wrote to her, with the copy of the photo you posted of her block,

"Here is the photo of your block which Margaret S has posted on the Forum. She explained that it only arrived a couple of days ago! She says it is lovely and that now she has all of her blocks except for the one from Sue who has problems with her foot and can't use her machine just now."

She says - "Hi there. Thank you for the news of my block - I thought it was never going to arrive. The post doesn't offer a very quick service (these days). Still at last it has arrived. Have a nice day. Love, Simone."

Winnie xx

To: "noreply@popularpatchwork.com" <noreply@popularpatchwork.com>
Cc:
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 07:55:20 +0100
Subject: Re: An interesting message I found on the Popular Patchwork Forum
bonjour - merci pour la nouvelle de mon block - je pensais qu'il n'arriverai jamais -
la poste n'a pas fait un service rapide - enfin il est à destination -

bonne journée - bisous - simone

Le 13 novembre 2016 à 16:32, noreply@popularpatchwork.com <noreply@popularpatchwork.com> a écrit :
Hi

Le photo de ton block met sur le Forum par Margaret S. Elle a dit qu'il est arrivé que il y a deux jour!!!! Elle a écrit qu'il est très joli et maintenant elle a tout ses blocks sauf pour le sien de Sue (pas "notre" Sue!!) parce qu'elle a des problème avec ses pieds et ne peut pas utiliser sa machine. Elle va le finir assez tôt.

Margaret S14/11/2016 14:34:36
3917 forum posts
705 photos

Many thanks Winnie. There was a mistake in the address but that did not appear to be the problem as house number and postcode were correct. I think that it just fancied travelling the scenic route!

Margaret

Margaret S22/11/2016 12:17:18
3917 forum posts
705 photos

Winnie,

DH has posted your block from me today. Hope that it arrives safely. I was in such a rush that I forgot to take a photo.

Margaret

Winnie the B.O.L.B22/11/2016 12:41:19
3333 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Thank you very much Margaret. I'm afraid I'm off over to Chamonix on Thursday to help my son moving house - what would they do without their mums?? I won't be back until the 5/6th Dec so won't be able to take a photo myself either until then!! I'll ask DH to let me know about any envelopes/parcels which arrive while I am away and let you know if I can.

Winnie xx

Beryl Hedley23/11/2016 12:23:47
821 forum posts
145 photos

Margaret I posted your swap yesterday. Hope you don't have long to wait.

Best wishes. Beryl.

Winnie the B.O.L.B23/11/2016 13:17:18
3333 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Thank you very much Beryl. I am leaving early tomorrow morning to fly to my son's home in Chamonix in the French Alps. He has a new apartment and, as a bachelor, needs his mum to help with his removal etc - including making all the blinds and curtains - but no patchwork quilts!! I won't be back home until the 6th of Dec.

Because of al of this, I won't be able to acknowledge the arrival of your block. So don't worry when you don't hear from me - it won't mean your package has not arrived. I will let you know as soon as I get home.

Winnie/Margaret xx

rosemary Rosenfeld23/11/2016 16:25:52
5703 forum posts
1661 photos
13 articles

Here is the first of the November blocks to arrive........

from Simone who handed it over yesterday afternoon at their group meeting!

Lucky her ...not having to rely on the postman

Voici le premier des blocs de novembre à venir ........ 
de Simone qui l'a remis hier après-midi à leur réunion de groupe! Heureusement... 
ne pas avoir à compter sur le facteur.

margaret  hay  novembre 2016 simone.jpg

Looking good Margaret....well done Simone!

best Rosemary

Edited By rosemary Rosenfeld on 23/11/2016 16:28:41

maria hewitt27/11/2016 12:31:32
968 forum posts
183 photos

Margaret, have poted your block . will wait till your arrival home to see if it has arrived. sorry iforgot to take a pic/ my camera is playing up.

Maria.

mmamimone29/11/2016 17:10:15
311 forum posts
47 photos

Winnie, I post your block today

Monique

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
The Cotton Patch
lewis and irene
Janome
Sewing Quarter
Crafting Live
Sarik
Search Press
SewAndSo
C&T publishing
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues