Friendship Swap 2016/7

It does what it says in the title

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Winnie the B.O.L.B17/09/2018 16:18:09
3346 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Reenie - lovely to hear from you - thank you. I hope life is treating you well. The removal men arrive on Wednesday!!!!!!!!! I will be back "home" in the first week in October - to the same house as before so maybe we can meet for a coffee once again?

Would I be right in thinking that you gave me the pattern for the "onese,twose" block - I have been working on it recently as I can do it even when I have my "fuzzy brain" syndrome!! If it wasn't you, my apologies.

Hugs

Margaret xxx

rosemary Rosenfeld18/07/2020 18:05:57
5842 forum posts
1710 photos
13 articles

v__40db.jpg

rosemary Rosenfeld18/07/2020 18:09:47
5842 forum posts
1710 photos
13 articles

v__93fa.jpg

rosemary Rosenfeld18/07/2020 18:20:00
5842 forum posts
1710 photos
13 articles

Some of you may recognise some of these blocks...from this swap! They were all made for my dear friend Sheila who sadly lost her fight with leukemia! Her intention was to make a quilt for her own bed...and she had collected fabrics to use and made a couple of blocks in between various treatments...Sarah , another friend and WI member have just completed it and we delivered it this afternoon!

Sarah embroidered the label...and in case you are wondering why there are robins....Sheila always said that when you saw a robin...it was a sign that a loved one was near! So there had to be robins!

Best Rosemary x

Winnie the B.O.L.B18/07/2020 19:56:54
3346 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

it's really lovely Rosemary - I know how fond you were of Sheila and this is a wonderful way to remember her. A special "thank you" to Sarah for her beautiful label - and the thoughts behind it.

Margaret/Winnie

Eileen Foster22/07/2020 08:03:22
599 forum posts
329 photos

That is so beautiful, but it must have been a bitter sweet experience for you and Sarah. Well done for completing it.

I am sure it will be treasured.

Eileen x

Margaret S22/07/2020 14:16:52
4004 forum posts
751 photos

That's lovely Rosemary. It is hard to finish things for people who are no longer with us, but it will bring pleasure to her family for years to come.

I had to go through my albums to see if I made a block for this one and I did - second row, second from the left.

Margaret

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
The Cotton Patch
ECT
Janome
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues