By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Friendship Swap 2016/7

It does what it says in the title

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Claire Bear12/09/2016 12:47:01
1846 forum posts
411 photos

Just looking through the pictures of blocks swapped in the 2012 friendship swap and some great theme were picked.

Some participants just picked a block they liked and everyone made a version of that block.

rosemary Rosenfeld12/09/2016 13:37:44
5619 forum posts
1548 photos
13 articles

Great Claire! best Rosemary

Winnie the B.O.L.B14/09/2016 20:44:35
3329 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

I had a long chat with my "girls" yesterday afternoon at our group. Most of them are genuinely interested and don't have a problem about the commitment aspect. However, what several of us are a bit worried about is everyone choosing what they want as a block. Some of my ladies have more experience than others, some are happy with bits of hand sewing included, others - me for one - hate hand-sewing and are lousy at it too!! How does the "block choosing" work? Would there be a way that débutantes could attempt simpler versions than more experienced members etc?

Could you explain to us in a bit more detail how it might work? None of us want to make a promise we can't keep.

Winnie xx

rosemary Rosenfeld15/09/2016 06:46:48
5619 forum posts
1548 photos
13 articles

I don't think that will be a problem Margaret! In the past people have chosen 2 types of blocks.... either something like"butterflies" or "houses" and given a size (or not!) or else they've asked for a particular block ( say Ohio Star) in blue and white! Nothing really difficult! I will be sorting it all out and will try to make sure that everyone is happy! Best Rosemary

Winnie the B.O.L.B15/09/2016 07:40:55
3329 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Thank you Rosemary for your quick reply especially as you are "supposed" to be on holiday! If I can assure my girls that something like "butterflies" could maybe mean a nice block made with buttterfly fabric as opposed to meaning that they HAD to appliqué or create a butterfly shape, then I don't think there will be a problem. The idea of a specific block isn't really the problem as long as it isn't a very complex one. They all enjoyed the last swap and want to join in a new one as long as they can enjoy it rather than feel nervous or pressured by it.

Winnie/Margaret xx

mmamimone15/09/2016 13:04:48
311 forum posts
47 photos

I am interested in this new swap Rosemary

Monique

Edited By mmamimone on 15/09/2016 13:05:32

Winnie the B.O.L.B15/09/2016 14:54:00
3329 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Hi Monique. It seems a long time since we heard from you. I hope you have been well. It is lovely to see your name back on the Forum and it would be great if you could join in this swap.

Coucou Monique - il me semble un très longtemps depuis nous t'avons entendu sur le Forum. J'espère que tous va bien chez toi. C'est super à voir ton nom sur le Forum encore une fois et il sera vraiment bon si tu pourrai nous joindre à cette échange.

Winnie xx

rosemary Rosenfeld19/09/2016 16:17:54
5619 forum posts
1548 photos
13 articles

Hi All.....just a quick note to remind you all to let me know what sort of block you'd like and your colour choices! I shall be home in 2 weeks and it would be good to get the swap started as soon as possible!

Don't forget that I will also need your email address and snail mail one as well!!

I know I probably have them all somewhere....but just in case!

Best Rosemary

Jane 15219/09/2016 18:06:51
16 forum posts

Hi Rosemary, I'd be interested in joining, if possible.

Jane

x

rosemary Rosenfeld19/09/2016 20:58:55
5619 forum posts
1548 photos
13 articles

That would be great Jane! Send me a pm with your details soonish and I'll add you to the list! best Rosemary

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
lewis and irene
The Cotton Patch
Janome
Crafting Live
Sewing Quarter
bredons
Search Press
SewAndSo
C&T publishing
Sarik
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues