Linus and other charity quilts

Making charity quilts together

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
rosemary Rosenfeld03/09/2016 12:29:33
5694 forum posts
1660 photos
13 articles

Hi All..... you may remember that the blocks I made during last years challenge "Alphabet blocks" by Tessa all, used sea-side fabrics and I made a couple of sets into quilts and delivered them all to Project Linus at FoQ.

This year they have something different..........

"For the first few days of their life babies can only see in black and white, so we are making that our theme for the year. We would like you to make a 30 ins square, in a geometric design, using only black and white fabric"

I know quite a few of you already make quilts for charity but I wondered if we could try to make some of these and then possibly make some more together in some way. I have a lot of novelty fabric to use up and would happily swap or share especially for a charity quilt..... and it doesn't matter which charity!

Let me know if you're interested..... like last year you are not committing to the whole year...... it would be as/when but it would be good to see what we have produced by next August and FoQ 2017!

Best Rosemary

Margaret S03/09/2016 13:29:02
3911 forum posts
703 photos
Yes, I am interested in this.

Margaret
Jayne03/09/2016 13:34:38
675 forum posts
118 photos

Me too.

I have more time now I've said 'goodbye' to our boarders.

I absolutely HATE with a passion, layering up and basting a quilt and hence it isn't done properly and then my quilting isn't as good as it should be. So you might get some tops from me Rosemary.

Jayne x

rosemary Rosenfeld03/09/2016 13:41:43
5694 forum posts
1660 photos
13 articles

Fine by me Jayne! Thank you both! Best Rosemary

Winnie the B.O.L.B03/09/2016 13:47:06
3333 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Rosemary - I'll ask my ladies if they have any fabrics to donate and they could give them to you when you are over.

Winnie xx

rosemary Rosenfeld03/09/2016 14:00:39
5694 forum posts
1660 photos
13 articles

Thank you Margaret....... any fabric will be welcome!! Best Rosemary

rosemary Rosenfeld04/09/2016 16:22:13
5694 forum posts
1660 photos
13 articles

Hi All...... I thought I'd better get things up and going.......... so here is the first of our quilts ........

rr linus 1.jpg

I have also made an album for us all to use (if you wish!!) . As you can see.... it is only the top.... a complete quilt in less than 24 hours is a bit speedy... even for me!!

Best Rosemary

maria hewitt05/09/2016 13:47:31
968 forum posts
183 photos

happy to send some fabric / leftover blocks from DD uni quilt, where she and I had mind changes. You will see a photo in my albums of the various trialled bits.,  (might be ok for something scrappy at the least)

is any black and white pattern acceptable? with or without bits of colour.

not a lot of time to make a whole quilt.sorry.

Maria

Edited By maria hewitt on 05/09/2016 13:50:42

rosemary Rosenfeld05/09/2016 13:54:25
5694 forum posts
1660 photos
13 articles

I will be happy to use any fabric or orphan blocks Maria. Perhaps you could keep them until I get back from holiday? If that's OK! Don't worry about making a quilt Maria..... later on I will ask for a block or 2 and you might be able to make something then!

best Rosemary

Kimberly05/09/2016 15:04:52
1145 forum posts
165 photos
1 articles

Hi Rosemary, I'm in the state's right now. When I get home I have some fabric for Linus quilts I will send to you or whoever wants it. X Kim

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Crafting Live
lewis and irene
Janome
The Cotton Patch
Sewing Quarter
Sarik
Search Press
bredons
SewAndSo
C&T publishing
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues