By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Gracie frame with janome1600p thread breaking trouble.

Gracie queen frame and janome1600p trouble

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Kathy Mckay17/08/2016 19:43:11
1 forum posts

Has anyone got any tips on using a janome1600p on a Gracie queen frame. I have tried everything suggested on line but still the thread breaks.Tried all kinds of thread and 16 and 14 needles.Oiled the machine,cleaned it ,checked the threading is right,altered the bobbin tension and top tension but still sews for a few inches then breaks.

Getting to the point where I am thinking on selling it and doing quilting off the frame.It sews great off the frame.

Any help appreciated .

Carol B18/08/2016 17:05:36
3002 forum posts
776 photos
2 articles

Hi Kathy,

sorry don't know anything about using the Janome with the Gracie frame but you may get help from The Cotton Patch. ( 0121 702 2840, www,cottonpatch.co.uk) They sell the frames so may be able to help with advice on setting up your machine for use on them.

good luck

Carol B

Margaret S19/08/2016 09:50:23
3911 forum posts
703 photos

I cannot really help with this and I don't use a frame, but I looked up the reviews and found that a number of people had similar problems with FMQ with your machine, one even with a Gracie frame. The suggested answer after everything that you have done was to tweak the bottom tension, which you also say that you have done.

My Janome Horizon is very sniffy about thread, type and even maker of needle. I do have a FMQ bobbin holder, which is of a lower tension, but I don't think that this is an option on your machine. It definitely helps though. I also have to use the same thread top and bottom and my machine is much better with the feed dogs up.

Contacting Cotton Patch is probably the best option.

Margaret

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
lewis and irene
Sewing Quarter
Crafting Live
Janome
The Cotton Patch
C&T publishing
bredons
Search Press
Sarik
SewAndSo
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues