By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Hacking Alert

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Margaret S05/06/2016 14:10:46
3882 forum posts
687 photos
Unless Katy says otherwise, I have received an odd 'bombshell' email from her. Be aware.

Margaret
mandy05/06/2016 21:07:21
1063 forum posts
152 photos

I received one today from Marlene

Mandy

Katy06/06/2016 09:32:24
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Oh dear, no that wasn't from me. Sorry everyone.

maria hewitt06/06/2016 09:38:40
961 forum posts
183 photos

I got one too, it went straight to spam though. had a link to click on, looked a strange address, so thought id come here, but clearly others have beaten me to it.

Maria.

Tessa07/06/2016 15:24:56
5765 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles

Thanks Margaret ... will keep an eye open....

Tessa

Winnie the B.O.L.B20/06/2016 09:19:47
3329 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

I've never had one from Katy but I've had quite a lot from the "gang" on here since all of this started back last year. Most of mine have tended to "come" from Marlene, Marion T and Tessa although I have had the occasional one from Mandy and Margaret S. As Maria says, the sender addresses tend to look just slightly strange - not quite the way they are listed in my address book in terms of the sender's name - but not always. The few times I have "opened" them as far as the initial email, they always have a link in them which means I never open them beyond that. My son, who is fairly computer savvy, says that as long as you don't click on that, it won't "harm" your computer. The only problem can to be that it tells the spam sender that your email address is still a "live" one so you may get more of the rubbish.

I wonder where the first "break-in occurred - it's weird, because I have only ever had one that wasn't from members of the Forum with whom I have exchanged personal emails! Don't take that the wrong way, girls - I still want to have that kind of contact with you, I am just reflecting on how it has happened in the first place

Mind you, he also tells me that clicking "unsubscribe" to get rid of "ordinary" junk or advertising emails, also tells a sender that your email address is live so it may then get you added to another list to send more junk!!! You can't win!!!

Winnie xx

Marian T24/06/2016 10:05:42
4504 forum posts
466 photos
7 articles

Have received spam mail from Tessa, Margaret over past few days and Angela this morning...

I know we don't have control over these Spams but if anyone wants to send me a message can you PM me on here please as I will delete any PP 'emails' I receive and wouldn't want to delete a valid email.

Thanks

Mariansad

Tessa24/06/2016 12:28:18
5765 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles

Oh Marian, I do wish there was something we could do about all this spam nonsence...so sorry to worry you....but I think your idea of a PM first is a good one....

Tessa x

Marian T24/06/2016 13:32:58
4504 forum posts
466 photos
7 articles

No blame on any of us Tess as we are the victims of this scam. Hopefully by agreeing to PM each other to advise of an impending email from an individual then we can delete any emails without opening.

Hope you and Terry are well.

XX

Winnie the B.O.L.B25/06/2016 23:45:58
3329 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Marlene - did you just email me at my personal email address? I suspect not so I haven't clicked on the link.

Winnie xx

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
lewis and irene
The Cotton Patch
Sewing Quarter
Janome
Crafting Live
Sarik
SewAndSo
C&T publishing
Search Press
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues