By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Fabric Postcard bribery!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Katy02/06/2016 14:17:13
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Did that get anyone's attention? I hope it did!

I am trying to help raise some money for a local school in a deprived area who want to take a group of children who have been invited to Boston to visit and work with MIT and Harvard. This isn't my children's school but Daisy attends their free Coder Dojo sessions each month, where children can learn CAD, programming, laser cutting, 3d printing, drone flying, lego robotics and more. I know this isn't sewing, but I think some of you would agree that it is brilliant to help the girls and boys at the school to develop science and engineering skills.

I would like to share the link for fund raising, and anyone who donates 50p or more will be rewarded by a fabric postcard made by me. I haven't time to make a raffle quilt, but I thought this idea might raise a tiny bit. You'll need to PM me or email me to tell me that you've donated though, as I won't know otherwise.

This is the link to donate,

And this is a bit about the project...

We are students from Beamont Collegiate Academy in Warrington. Our school is a centre of Excellence for Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths. We are the only high school in the UK to hold the prestigious STEM assured quality mark.

However, our school is in one of the most deprived areas in the country.

In September we will travel to Boston, USA for an inspirational, aspiration-raising working trip to look at the best STEM facilities in the World.

The money you donate will support those children who could not afford to take this opportunity without financial help.

We have been handpicked for our outstanding ability in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics and we will be immersed in the world of STEM for 8 days.

We will be working with:
Harvard University, the worlds foremost STEM university,
MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) ,
Engineers from the global company iRobot and Lowell, who developed the Mars rover.
Marine Biologists to study Ecology in the north Atlantic Ocean.

We have been endlessly trying to raise the £10,000 needed for this trip. The school is generously supporting us and so far we've held bake sales, assisted shoppers with their packing at weekends, ran our own café during Coderdojo events at the academy and organised draws to win a number of hampers.

The opportunity for us as students to make this trip is truly life changing but now we need help to raise the remaining money needed.

Any donations from 50p to £500 will help ensure the brightest of futures for our students and provide Warrington with a wealth of scientists, engineers and mathematicians in the future.

We thank you in advance for your generosity and look forward to sharing the experiences of our trip with you.

Marian T02/06/2016 18:57:26
4504 forum posts
466 photos
7 articles

Donated Katy but no postcard required, you are busy enough. Hope it works out for the pupils.

M XXX

rosemary Rosenfeld02/06/2016 20:37:27
5694 forum posts
1660 photos
13 articles

Same applies to me Katy......... you have enough to do! Best Rosemary

Katy06/06/2016 09:09:01
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Thanks everyone, your donations are really much appreciated, the school are thrilled with the support. I will send you a postcard, cos I did promise, but I must finish my bag for the bag swap first, so that's a compromise!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Crafting Live
lewis and irene
Janome
The Cotton Patch
Sewing Quarter
Sarik
Search Press
bredons
SewAndSo
C&T publishing
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues