By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Morsbags

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Katy16/05/2016 13:30:12
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

I really enjoyed the morsbags article in the Popular Patchwork bag issue, I had a morsbag pod years ago, and I've just had a look on the website and found out I'd logged 143 bags made and given away. It's lovely when I see a stranger in the village using one. I'd like to make some more.

If anyone else would like to make some, I'll give a prize to the person who makes the most before the end of May! I have morsbag labels if anyone would like some, and the pattern is very easy, and available on the website here.

It's a very good pattern, it's very quick, and the bags are strong as they have good handles and french seams. I think I'd got it down to about 15-20mins a bag at one point.

There's also a info leaflet that you can print off at www.morsbags.com/resources/

Read all about the idea behind morsbags in our interview with Claire Morsman on page 73 in the current issue

Sue 6220/05/2016 00:12:19
593 forum posts
29 photos

Hi,

We made practice Morsbags using just pillowcases at our sewing group last year. We also have a demo at another ladies' meeting in September to look forward to.

It was so interesting to read everything about how it all originated.

I wouldn't mind some labels to distribute amongst the group if you have some spare.

I can't promise to make any at the mo as I'm all behind with quilting and making blocks and the gardening just has to come first!!

Thanks, Sue*

Edited By Sue 62 on 20/05/2016 00:14:00

Edited By Sue 62 on 20/05/2016 00:14:33

Katy23/05/2016 10:20:59
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

I will send you some labels Sue, glad you liked the article, I loved seeing how far Claire had come since morsbags started, I found it really interesting.

Sue 6224/05/2016 00:58:11
593 forum posts
29 photos

Thanks Kate that would be great! Sue*

Rosie Eley24/05/2016 17:43:32
2 forum posts

Hello, I am Rosie from Offcuts pod. I am so excited to see the amazing article about morsbags. Kate, are you from the pod Stocking Feet? Next year is Morsbags tenth anniversary! We are also on Facebook on Morsbags Sociable Guerrilla Bagging and Morsbags.com Leicestershire. Katy, did you see Claire has had a baby? Minnie Morsman!

Katy24/05/2016 18:20:40
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

HI Rosie, yes that's me! I can't believe Morsbags have been going for ten years, but it must be true. I was pleased about Claire's baby too. I will have to get back into making Morsbags, and recruit some more people. I mostly taught friends how to make them (and use a sewing machine) rather than had people join Stocking Feet, I think 99% of ours were made by me.

Rosie Eley24/05/2016 18:26:29
2 forum posts

Also there are loads of pods that are just one person like Sazzie in Ormskirk. And patchworkers always have a massive stash!

Katy24/05/2016 18:29:59
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

This is true! I don't have much yardage though, but I had bags and bags of donated duvet covers and lots of curtains for my morsbags. I do love it when I see one of my morsbags about,

Sue 6227/05/2016 00:32:25
593 forum posts
29 photos

Thanks Katy.... Sue*

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
lewis and irene
Sewing Quarter
Crafting Live
Janome
The Cotton Patch
C&T publishing
bredons
Search Press
Sarik
SewAndSo
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues