By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Sketchbook Quilt Competition

Three sewing machines and goody bags to be won, and the chance to show off your quilt at FOQ

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

Over £2000 worth of prizes to be won!

Sketchbook Quilts Competition Gallery

Sketchbook Quilts Competition Gallery

Can you spot your quilt in our Festival of Quilts display?

Rosalind Pollock09/06/2016 18:43:29
25 forum posts
1 photos

Hi Irene,

Not sure what the official answer is but I think I put my usual fabric label on and then tacked the paper over the top of it to cover it.

HTH

Ros

Irene B09/06/2016 19:07:17
4433 forum posts
405 photos

Thanks Ros. That's a good plan. I'll do that too. rose

Brenda in OZ10/06/2016 08:59:57
489 forum posts
157 photos
33 articles

Just finishing off my quilt, should be done early next week.

Just wondering how to pack it. I could send it in a BIG envelope with some or card or similar to keep it flat or I could fold in in half and use a smaller envelope.

What have others done?

Irene B10/06/2016 09:09:38
4433 forum posts
405 photos

Hi Brenda,

I'm using a big sturdy envelope that has bubble wrap inside so that I can send my quilt flat. I shall wrap it first with tissue paper before putting it into the envelope. rose

Katy13/06/2016 14:11:49
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Sorry irene, I did mean to reply to your question, but I wasn't sure what the answer was either. I think it would be fine whatever you do with the label, no-one should be able to see it when it's hanged

Brenda in OZ14/06/2016 07:26:27
489 forum posts
157 photos
33 articles

Thanks Irene. I think the best thing is to post it flat.

Mine went on it's long journey today. I purchased a big bag from the post office and put the quilt between two pieces of template plastic to keep it flat. The lady at the post office was very helpful and added an A3 sheet of sturdy cardboard just for good measure since the package was well withing the weight allowance.

The customs declaration was a challenge in itself and the value was even more difficult. I was tempted to put priceless but decided on "no commercial value". I didn't want them coming back to me for VAT!

My good friend in High Wycombe said she would receive it after the event and send it back to me, so her details are pinned to the back of the quilt as well as my own label.

I would love to come along and see them all at the show...perhaps one day!

I trust you will take pictures so that we can share in the event.

Happy Stitching

Irene B14/06/2016 12:51:20
4433 forum posts
405 photos

Hi Brenda,

The customs declaration is always tricky. Putting no commercial value was the best option.

I won't be at FoQ this year as family are visiting, but I'm sure loads of photos will be taken. It would be lovely to meet up at FoQ one year.

Mine went into the post yesterday. Trainee behind the counter started to fold my large envelope until I shouted for all to hear, "Don't fold it, keep it flat!" rose

Katy16/06/2016 10:00:18
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

I can't imagine you shouting Irene! Glad you did though

Brenda in OZ19/06/2016 05:45:24
489 forum posts
157 photos
33 articles

I have a tracking number for my quilt and it's arrived in the UK but not been delivered as yet. It's been fun following the package on it's long journey.

Irene B19/06/2016 16:42:04
4433 forum posts
405 photos

I tracked mine too Brenda, but your quilt has a long way to travel. Yes it's fun to see how far it's got! rose

Surprised myself too Katy, but I was mortified to see the folding taking place!!! Just had to say something loud! rose

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
The Cotton Patch
Sewing Quarter
Crafting Live
lewis and irene
SewAndSo
Search Press
bredons
C&T publishing
Sarik
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues