By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Sketchbook Quilt Competition

Three sewing machines and goody bags to be won, and the chance to show off your quilt at FOQ

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

Over £2000 worth of prizes to be won!

Sketchbook Quilts Competition Gallery

Sketchbook Quilts Competition Gallery

Can you spot your quilt in our Festival of Quilts display?

Katy18/02/2016 08:57:41
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

I hope you've all enjoyed your free wadding, and that you'll be entering our sketchbook quilt comp!

The theme is 'My favourite colour' and you can win a lovely Janome machine, and a Cottonpatch goody bag.

If you didn't receive a piece of wadding with your magazine, you can email Anne.delanoy@mytimemedia.com, and ask for a piece, stocks are limited, but we are also offering pieces to send to groups, so please ask if you would like one.

So, what is your favourite colour? What are you going to make?

Myra of Cheadle13/03/2016 09:17:11
589 forum posts
128 photos

Dear Katy, Yes, I enjoyed the free wadding.... and am making a crazy quilt in shades of lilac, mauve, purple, violet...... I began at my Patchwork Class when I had left the love ring block pieces I intened to sew at home, they were done at the Sewing Social the following Monday. I had the magazine and wadding in my bag, an extra quadrant cut for the love ring block and other scraps in my stuff, added fabric from the stash in the corner of the classroom and just enjoyed trying anything. Not finished yet and no idea how to quilit it but in progress and I am having fun. How are others doing? TTFN Myra

Lexy13/03/2016 11:47:40
297 forum posts
81 photos

Sounds like you are nearly finished Myra! I've got as far as deciding on which colour to pick (green) and printing out a paper-piecing pattern I want to use. Since then I've been distracted by a mini quilt and an ambitious english paper piecing project but hopefully I can make a start on my sketchbook quilt soon.

~Lexy

Myra of Cheadle17/03/2016 16:41:08
589 forum posts
128 photos

Dear Lexie, If we are the only two to enter, what will happen to the third prize? Come along other subscribers, try something with your wadding........ TTFN Myra

Katy18/03/2016 09:38:37
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Good point Myra

Tomorrow is Worldwide Quilting Day, so it's a good day for starting one of these!

Carol B18/03/2016 16:56:11
3002 forum posts
776 photos
2 articles

I am intending to enter and have designed my sketchbook quilt numerous times in my head. Just need to make a decision and get started. Sorry Katy, it will probably be the colour you hateemotion

Thimbleface 23

Katy21/03/2016 10:11:06
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

That's good Thimble, it is your favourite colour, so I would expect nothing less! It would be awfully boring if we all picked the same colour!

Beryl Hedley22/03/2016 16:13:03
821 forum posts
145 photos

I have made a start on my sketchbook quilt. So far I think it will be ok. but I may change my mind and make a another one.Beryl

Irene B22/03/2016 22:51:56
4433 forum posts
405 photos

I intend to enter and I have an idea in my head! idea

Katy23/03/2016 13:21:40
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Good to hear that there are some ideas and quilts in progress!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
The Cotton Patch
Janome
lewis and irene
Crafting Live
Sewing Quarter
C&T publishing
bredons
SewAndSo
Search Press
Sarik
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues