By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

stencils

creative grids

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Patricia Fox 115/02/2016 19:18:11
14 forum posts

Now you all know I am a complete novice, but so keen to learn. Ha ha

Having a good look through creative grids I came across " stencils'. Having shown a keen interest in free motion am I right in thinking that these stencils would be so nice to use. Or should I say 'try' to use. They look so pretty.

So far I have chosen 4 patterns. Can I use these with a silver pencil.

Your brilliant advice ladies please.

rosemary Rosenfeld15/02/2016 23:05:46
5883 forum posts
1720 photos
13 articles

Yes is the simple answer! I have a couple....I use a frixion pen to mark everything except a black/very dark fabric! Marking is the important/ tricky part! I've used a disappearing pen but it disappeared before I could complete the quilting! I've not tried a water soluable one... I have used a soft pencil...that worked quite well! Best Rosemary

June16/02/2016 07:37:55
335 forum posts
55 photos

I use a light blue water soluble pen which is fabulously easy to use. The lines stay there until you wash the quilt but best of all if you decide you don't like what you've drawn you just have to lightly wet the line (I use the tip of my finger) and it vanishes. Then you can re-draw the line. Simples!

Everyone has different preferences. I'd recommend you try a few different ways and see what works best for you.

Enjoy

June x

rosemary Rosenfeld16/02/2016 13:27:52
5883 forum posts
1720 photos
13 articles

dsc03887.jpg

Here is a close -up of my butterflies........ you can see where I've wandered off the drawn lines..........

dsc03888.jpg

and here is the same piece with the lines gone!

Best Rosemary

Katy18/02/2016 09:07:01
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

That's a very good photo explanation Rosemary!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ECT
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues