By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Desperate for venues

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Patricia Fox 130/01/2016 15:14:17
14 forum posts

I live in Carmarthenshire. Our local authority have, in their wisdom, decided to close all community centres etc., which is where we hold our Quilting/Patchwork classes.

Why do the government do this. They say they encourage us to not sit in front of the tv, laptops, tablets etc., yet they close the venues where we love to go.

The last class will be in March.

Sorry to vent my feelings. Our group are going to be sorry to have lost such a nice class.

Margaret S30/01/2016 17:02:39
4004 forum posts
751 photos
What a shame Patricia. Many years ago we were turned out of our venue at very short notice. We found temporary accommadation in the local RC school dining hall.
We meet now in the Baptist Church hall, and as they also have a smaller hall some of our members meet there in the daytime.
Sometimes we cannot have the big hall if there is a church function, but so far it has worked well.
Hope you can find somewhere else soon.

Margaret
Tessa30/01/2016 23:09:50
5765 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles

That is a shame Patricia... my group meets at the local Methodist chapel...a perfect size room for us. Maybe you could find a church hall for your meetings. Best of luck in your search, and don't give up..

Tessa x

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
The Cotton Patch
Janome
ECT
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues