By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FOQ 2016

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Winnie the B.O.L.B24/01/2016 12:50:34
3333 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

I will be at the FOQ in August with 2 of my French group ladies!!! Those of you who have been involved in the recent Astronomical Star swap will know my friends as Simone and Denise.

We have booked our flights and are really excited about it. We have to come over on the Tuesday - there are no flights from our local airports to Birmingham/East Midlands on the Wednesday and will be staying a hotel very close to the NEC

Do any of you know of some "nice" things we can do in Birmingham on the Wednesday when we will be tourists. I have to admit that I have never been to Birmingham before. I don't think my ladies are really "art gallery" fans but maybe there are some other interesting things you could suggest??

We will be at the actual show on the Thursday and Friday - has anyone else decided yet if/when they are going.? I hope some of you are, as I have told "my" ladies they will get the chance to meet some people who have only been "names" to them up to now.

Hope to hear from some of you!

Winnie

rosemary Rosenfeld24/01/2016 13:41:51
5694 forum posts
1660 photos
13 articles

I really like Birmingham...a lively city! The area around Centenary Square, the new Library...with great views from the top, the Floosy in the jacuzzi as well as the Jewellery quarter and loads of shops! The canals by the newish concert hall are nice for a wander especially if the weather is good!

Having said all this I'm sure the locals can give you loads more suggestions! Best Rosemary

Winnie the B.O.L.B24/01/2016 17:34:06
3333 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Rosemary - thank you for that - from what you are saying, I'm sure I will find lots of things for Denise and Simone to enjoy - don't know about the Jewellery Quarter though - we need to keep our cash for buying the odd piece - or two - of fabric at the FOQ, you know!!!

Winnie

Tessa24/01/2016 17:49:28
5765 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles

Won't be at the Festival of Quilts this year....sorry I will miss seeing you Winnie. Need to gather my cash for a trip to Canada in September. Next year maybe...

Tessa xx

Katy25/01/2016 12:28:24
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Great to hear Winnie and her group will be there, but sad that we've not got Tessa or Kim this time. It'll be here before we know it....

Tessa25/01/2016 14:33:57
5765 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles

I will miss everyone this year at the F. of Q.'s.... but the cost of the hotel will almost pay for my airline ticket...must get back to Canada and see some of my friends before I lose them all....3 died just before Christmas and another one has just been diagnosed with cancer. There will always be next year......xxxx

Winnie the B.O.L.B25/01/2016 18:01:34
3333 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Tessa - Really sorry I won't get to meet you but I understand why you want to go "home" and travelling can end up being rather expensive especially when you add on all the "extras!!!! Sorry to hear you have had so many losses to deal with - sadly, the older we get, the more often we have to face up to such sad news.

Winne

Winnie the B.O.L.B25/01/2016 18:04:17
3333 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

I forgot to say - I hope some of the rest of the "gang" will be there - it would be really disappointing if, possibly the only time I will get to the FOQ, turned out to be the only time almost none of our group is there!!!

Winnie

xx

Irene B25/01/2016 20:03:54
4433 forum posts
405 photos

I'm not sure about this year.....have to wait and see. I would dearly love to meet our French quilting friends xxx

Winnie the B.O.L.B25/01/2016 20:17:59
3333 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Oh, I really hope you can make it ,Irene - I know they would be really pleased - as would I , OF COURSE!!

Winnie

x

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Crafting Live
lewis and irene
Janome
The Cotton Patch
Sewing Quarter
Sarik
Search Press
bredons
SewAndSo
C&T publishing
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues