By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

New member says hello

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Sarah Hurrell15/01/2016 13:48:41
1 forum posts

Hi. I am a mum of three, including a 6 month old baby boy, and have recently become interested in quilting and similar projects as i want to try and make a few thing for presents next year.

Would love to try a draught excluder or a personalised blanket for some relatives or my children. Is this feesable?

Will not have a lot of time, only times here and there, and am not really an experienced at sewing as my mum passed away many years ago before I wanted to learn.

Tips welcome.

Tessa15/01/2016 16:37:23
5765 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles

Hi Sarah,. anything is feesable, you just need time, determination and if necessary, a helping hand. We are a good group of ladies and men on here willing to help in anyway we can. You just need to have the questions and we'll try to give you the answers that will get you sewing.

Welcome to the PP forum pages.

Tessa smiley

Marian T15/01/2016 16:43:08
4504 forum posts
466 photos
7 articles

Hi Sarah

Welcome to the PP Forum. I hope you enjoy your time here (where permitted with having young children). Quilting/sewing is a great way to relax and be creative when you have some down time.

Marian face 23

Katy18/01/2016 10:48:37
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Hi Sarah

Welcome to PP, hope you'll have fun here

There are lots of easy and quick projects you can try, a simple baby quilt is a nice thing to start with, and you can find patterns here and elsewhere on the internet, or try a copy of PP.

If you get stuck with anything at all, just ask, and someone will point you in the right direction

Sylvia19/01/2016 13:34:09
2083 forum posts
342 photos

Welcome Sarah, as the others say this is a lovely friendly site where you will find lots of help.

pamela jeffrey19/01/2016 14:17:17
3192 forum posts
114 photos

Hello Sarah

Anne Kibble22/01/2016 08:57:16
6 forum posts
2 photos

Hello Sarah

Welcome to PP. I am also a newbie. I joined in Dec 2015I won the December joining prize. It is a lovely table/magnifier lamp. I use it all the time. Our fellow quilters are a lovely friendly bunch. If you click on Projects you will find many beginner projects. I hope you have lots of fun.

Anne

Carol Still 115/03/2016 12:57:21
2 forum posts

Hi

I joined in February and was very lucky to win the wonderful joining prize of the magnifying lamp. I now spend my lunchtimes browsing the PP website (instead of working through lunch) and can't wait to put some of the hints, tips and projects into practice. I work at a school so now intend spending the two week Easter break quilting!

I have just started researching quilt as you go techniques so will be attempting that soon - it's handy to know this forum is there if I need it (and I think I might).

Thank you fellow members for giving me back my lunch break!

Carol

Sue 6216/03/2016 23:11:49
593 forum posts
29 photos

Hi Sarah sad rose

Katy18/03/2016 09:30:20
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Lovely to hear from you Carol, glad you've got your lunch break back tea

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
lewis and irene
The Cotton Patch
Janome
Crafting Live
Sewing Quarter
bredons
Search Press
SewAndSo
C&T publishing
Sarik
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues