PP Slimming Group 2016

Losing weight together

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Winnie the B.O.L.B18/03/2016 20:26:47
3340 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Try not to be too fed up about it, Diane - you walked THERE, that is a great thing - the fact you didn't manage to walk back isn't really important - but, of course, I'm sorry for your pain.

As for getting older - I had a wonderful card from my closest friend the other day - it went like this,

"As we get older, we become more like our computers - it takes forever to get started - our memory's gone and our floppies aren't what they used to be!!!!!!!!!"

Winnie xx

Diane Ford18/03/2016 22:13:40
469 forum posts
60 photos

Winnie

I must write that down. It's one I can drop into a conversation with my mum one day. She's keeps reminding me that I'm a pensioner now. She was only 19 when she had me, and the age gap seems to have steadily shrunk over the years. At this stage of our lives, we both seem to somehow be in the same generation.

On the other hand, my niece thought I was younger than her dad. He's my baby brother, and nine years younger than me, so maybe I don't actually look as old as I sometimes feel, lol.

Diane

Fay Morris19/03/2016 07:12:50
437 forum posts
79 photos

Hi Diane and everybody on the line

I sometimes go to workshops by a Toa'ist Master and he refuses to tell anyone how old he is (his wife is the same)

They believe that it is negative to think about one's age as that causes the mind to tell the body "Hey, you oldie, behave like your age" Behave like you feel you are able to behave. It's true that as we age the difference between us and our parents gets smaller and also having middle aged children makes the ages difference between us and them get smaller!

Look at children - a child of one and a child of eight are completely different yet a woman of 30 and a woman of 40 are more or less the same!

Anyway, concentrate on releasing weight and improving your fitness and enjoy whatever you can do. And as I tell myself "get out of the house" as much as you can.

best wishes

Fay

Diane Ford19/03/2016 11:38:57
469 forum posts
60 photos

Fay

I'll be 63 later this month, and I've always been very open with people about how old I am. The way I see it is that if they think I look older than I really am, then I don't want them thinking I'm that age. On the other hand, if they think I look younger than I really am, then why not be in a position to accept the compliment?

My former mother in law always lied about her age, and it was only after she died that her children found out that she was older than she said she was. She didn't look younger, so I don't know what it was all about really.

My own children are now 41, 40, 37 and 28, and as far as I'm concerned, the two older ones are now middle aged. My eldest son has just retired from the Army, after serving 22 years, and I feel that justifies my having put him in the "middle aged" bracket, although I'm sure neither he nor his older sister think of themselves as being middle aged, lol.

I'm always open about disclosing my weight too. If I'm grossly overweight, then I think people can see that for themselves, so why not just tell them how much I weigh, and have done with it? I think the only person I might be able to fool about my weight is me, and I don't think that would do me any good at all.

I realise not everyone feels the same way as I do though. It wouldn't do for us all to be the same, would it?

Diane

Edited By Diane Ford on 19/03/2016 11:50:39

Fay Morris19/03/2016 12:43:58
437 forum posts
79 photos

Hi Diane

Actually, I do the same thing - I tell everyone how old I am - nearly 73 and as you say you don't need to tell anyone your weight - it shows. Of course we are not all the same - I was merely trying to say that you need to do whatever is good for you. I try to be positive - but it is sometimes very hard .........!

very best wishes

Fay.

Diane Ford19/03/2016 14:18:27
469 forum posts
60 photos

Fay

I understood what you were saying. My post was meant to add to the argument that we should all do whatever we want to do, and feel able to do. The comments at the end were for anyone else who reads them, who feels differently, because I'm fully aware that my opinions on a lot of issues can be a little, erm, unusual, lol.

Age is just a number, isn't it? There's a part of me that will never grow up completely, no matter how much my aches and pains remind me how old I am. I always revert to being a child whenever my niece comes for a sleepover. I think we're rapidly heading towards the stage when she'll be more grown up than me, but for as long as it lasts, we can both behave like kids when she's here, and nobody can tell us off.

Diane

Marlene Hutchinson22/03/2016 10:03:59
1234 forum posts
1650 photos

It's three weeks since I logged in as been looking after grandchildren and going out quite a lot too but still managed to loose 2.3/4 lbs so very happy with that.

Good luck everyone. Well done to all.

Cheerio, Marlene face 23

Diane Ford22/03/2016 10:49:54
469 forum posts
60 photos

Well done, Marlene. Losing that much weight and having lots of fun at the same time is great.

Diane

Winnie the B.O.L.B22/03/2016 12:23:19
3340 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

That's great news, Marlene - who's a clever girl then. Keep on going.

Winnie xx

rosemary Rosenfeld22/03/2016 13:06:39
5818 forum posts
1705 photos
13 articles

I'm still not going anywhere..... I think I have relaxed tooooooo much!! Best Rosemary

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Support Our Partners
The Cotton Patch
ECT
Janome
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues