PP Slimming Group 2016

Losing weight together

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Winnie the B.O.L.B09/03/2016 11:50:31
3340 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Well, I have managed to stay the same! I don't understand it because I am dieting in the same way that I have always done - and have lost weight with. On top of this, I am doing 50mins of quite high tension cycling on our new exercise bike three times a week. Well, I guess i just have to keep going and smiling. At least the exercise is making me feel fitter.

Marlene - don't worry - you will get there because I know you will find the willpower to keep trying.

Diane - no, I think 9 lbs in 3 weeks would really be quite dangerous - you'd actually have to starve to achieve that! Just lose what is sensible in that time frame and be happy that you weigh less than you did!!

Good luck to everyone.

Winnie xx

Edited By Winnie the B.O.L.B on 09/03/2016 11:51:14

rosemary Rosenfeld09/03/2016 11:56:32
5818 forum posts
1705 photos
13 articles

I blame the awful weather!!! Well that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!!! Best Rosemary

Sue 6209/03/2016 14:02:18
593 forum posts
29 photos

I agree Rosemary-who wants to walk far in this blustery, wet and cold weather? I certainly don't and it shows because I'm stuck this week. At least it wasn't a gain. Sue rose

Diane Ford09/03/2016 14:26:00
469 forum posts
60 photos

Winnie

When I started exercising on 11 September last year, my first target was to lose two stone by Christmas. I was on track with that until the end of November, when my CFS/ME flared up again, and I was unable to do any exercise. So I revised my target to a two stone total weight loss by my birthday at the end of March. Although I'm not going to manage that either, I'm not worried about it, because I know my illness causes limitations on what I can achieve.

I'm just happy to finally be losing some weight.

Diane

Kay A10/03/2016 06:56:52
555 forum posts
37 photos
1 articles

This horrible weather really does make it difficult to be motivated enough to get outside & even go for a little walk. I'm not sure where I was when I last checked in, but so far this year I've lost 1 stone 4 1/2lbs. I joined slimming world (am I allowed to say that?) on the 1st of January with a very specific target in mind to achieve, like Diane, for my birthday. It's unlikely I will achieve that now, unless I chop off a limb, so I've revised my target & im just going to keep going until I hit my target. I spent most of yesterday sorting out my attic as we are looking to move house & I thought I had 1 old broken suitcase with clothes in. Turns out there were 3 suitcases which were too heavy to lift down so we emptied them into 8 bin bags & brought them down that way. Needless to say I now don't have to buy any new clothes at all as I lose weight! I thought I'd only got size 10 clothes in the attic, but I have 10, 12 & 14, which is fabulous because I've just slimmed down to a 14 & everything is to my taste

Winnie the B.O.L.B10/03/2016 07:22:52
3340 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Kay - How wonderful - 1 stone 41/2lbs is wonderful - 1stone lost usually equals about 1 dress size so you'll be back to a size 10 before you know it!! I know what you mean about the collection of different sizes. I have been very strong willed this time round and I have chucked the very large 9HUGE!!) sizes in the bin!! I am NEVER going back there again but I do have at least 2 or 3 other sizes in drawers somewhere around the house!

You're a star. Please hang on to all your arms and legs or even your smaller clothes won't fit!!

Winnie

Margaret S10/03/2016 09:15:06
3981 forum posts
742 photos

Well I failed again. Very slightly up this week. Like we have been saying it is mainly lack of exercise. Since the beginning of January I have been sewing two quilts on very tight deadlines. One is now finished other than tidying up and the other is nearly there, so I soon will have no excuse for not getting off my backside.

Kay, I am very impressed. Well done to you and everyone else.

Margaret

Katy10/03/2016 09:42:47
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Well done Kay, that is brilliant, and I sympathise with everyone for not getting enough exercise this week, it is cold and horrid, so stay warm inside.

Valerie Whydall10/03/2016 17:31:25
118 forum posts

Joined a new slimming club 3 weeks ago and so far have lost 8lbs smile p That means 20lbs to goal. Have hospital appointment mid July so aiming to have got to goal. Famous last words. thinking Val.

Sue 6211/03/2016 01:07:19
593 forum posts
29 photos

Congratulations Kay and Valerie rosesad rose

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Support Our Partners
The Cotton Patch
ECT
Janome
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues