PP Slimming Group 2016

Losing weight together

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Fay Morris20/02/2016 18:57:57
437 forum posts
79 photos

Hello Winnie

I think you should concentrate on the fact that you have released some of your extra weight and in that way you scale was correct - You have NOT gained 7 pounds which is great. Remember you weight is only a number and you need to feel good whatever it is - feeling down does not help with weight reduction! All of us on this forum are cheering you on! Keep up the good work.!

I personally weigh myself every day and the scale goes up and down every day BUT overall since May 2015 I have lost about 7 kilo - I think that is more than 16 pounds so I concentrate on the big picture - some time ago I was moving between 112 and 111 kilos and now it between 110 and 109 so please God and my 'hard work' it will soon be moving between 109 and 108 and so on. Having been a yo-yo dieter for more than 40 years and going down and up, I know how hard it is to persevere - but I am still trying .........

love

Fay

Winnie the B.O.L.B21/02/2016 13:07:35
3336 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Rosemary - thanks for your confidence in me - I just need to "re-find" my own!!

Thanks for the moral support Fay - I'm feeling a bit more upbeat this morning - giving myself a good talking to from time to time.

I certainly identify with the yo-you dieter and the time frame you're talking about - been there, done it, got multiple sized t-shirts!! Normally, I do the opposite to you. I weigh myself only once a week on the same day as I find I get dispirited by the up/down figures you can get with everyday weighing. There's no doubt that when it comes to losing weight we all have ot find the ways that suit us best.

Like you are advising, I am trying to look at that big(smaller!) picture - even the fact that the jeans that wouldn't fasten at the waist , at Christmas, without the help of a large nappy pin - now fasten easily. I also know when I look in the mirror that I am slimmer than I was a few months ago. Usually, I deal with the ups and downs of struggling with my weight - it was just this one time finding out that I weighed half a stone more than I believed I did - I have never had that happen before - and I wanted to "run away" - preferably to somewhere on earth that doesn't say you have to be a certain size to be worthwhile!!! I know that's not true but that's how I felt yesterday!!

Winnie xx

Winnie the B.O.L.B21/02/2016 13:19:19
3336 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Sorry Fay - I was so busy talking about myself that I "forgot" to talk about you too. You will, like I will, keep moving ever on downwards. I think you are so right to just look at the weight coming down, no matter how little and how slowly it does that. I also agree with you that interim targets are definitely the way to go and 7 kilos is a really good amount have lost. For myself, I find stones and pounds a more encouraging way to work as they "seem" to be lost more quickly - psychologically, of course!! However, living over here, I have to keep converting to kilos when I am talking to French friends - not only bi-lingual but bi mathematical - or attempting to be!!

We shall all keep supporting each other on here - I find it a wonderful help.

Winnie xx

Marlene Hutchinson22/02/2016 09:55:38
1234 forum posts
1650 photos

Winnie I know how you must have felt when you saw the real weight on the scales,as everyone said it's just a number and you still lost quite a bit, keep it going we're all here for you.

I had a bad week and put on three quarters of a pound but it was my fault took my eye off the ball and that's what happens. Going to really watch this week.

Good luck everyone.

Cheerio Marlene face 23

rosemary Rosenfeld24/02/2016 12:41:51
5757 forum posts
1678 photos
13 articles

No change for me this week.... I am trying to see that as a good thing! Best Rosemary

Sue 6224/02/2016 14:24:34
593 forum posts
29 photos

Thanks for all your words of wisdom ladies. I haven't done calorie counting for longer than I care to remember but maybe I should try that way again!

South- west France must be a terrible temptation for you Winnie. A baguette a day with butter, cheese and peaches not forgetting those wonderful tarts and I'd be gaining every day!!

I did put on half a pound this week but I know I was wearing my heavier jeans-it was rather cold but sunny-so I know I probably actually lost half!

I'm now 5ft 101/2in tall-lost an inch somewhere so I know I'm good at about 14 stone otherwise like you say we become skeletal and ill looking! Only a couple of stones to shift!!!

Good luck everyone. Sue*rose

Winnie the B.O.L.B24/02/2016 18:45:17
3336 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Marlene - thanks for the support - you are, of course, totally right and I am trying to think of it that way. I think you have a very positive approach to your weight - you know that you have good and bad weeks and you just "get on with it" - you will win in the end.

Rosemary - you're totally right - you are definitely at a perfect weight for you, personally. I know you want to see that "psychological" needle under the 10st mark but a couple of pounds or so is absolutely nothing to worry about - just look at keeping it there.

Sue - you and I are very much on the same level - I want to be about 14st too - well maybe 13st 12lbs would be lovely!! As I think I said before, I am 5ft 91/2inches ' tall - I too have lost an inch over the years and I do have a wide frame - not a heavy one, so not being used as an excuse for my weight - but I do look awful if I lose too much.

Having said all of that, I weighed in this morning at - OK, it's time to say it out loud - 16st 4lbs! Now, the great news is that that is 4 lbs less than the increased weight of the @£$%^&*recalibrated scales a week ago!!!!! - I have checked it out on my "old" mechanical scales to be as sure as I can that it is right. I don't trust it totally yet and will wait to see what next week brings but, at the minute, it feels good.

Good luck to everyone.

Winnie xxx

Fay Morris24/02/2016 20:36:30
437 forum posts
79 photos

Well done Winniesmileysmileyyes

and the same to everyone else.

love

Fay

Sue 6227/02/2016 18:06:42
593 forum posts
29 photos

Definitely on the same level Winnie as I weighed in at 16st 1lb. I have to admit I was the Twiggy of my year group in the 60s!!

So in undies (!) I actually weighed 15st 13lb on Tuesday morning so that's when I'm going to weigh myself in future. Lovely to see that I was under that ghastly solid stone's weight!

I hope that the 4.91 miles I walked yesterday when husband had an hospital appointment (so I dropped him off, parked and walked back) and then we went shopping will keep me down this week coming. That's over 10K steps you know which definitely doesn't happen very often and my knees are feeling it today!!

Good luck everyone, Sue*

Sue 6202/03/2016 12:06:57
593 forum posts
29 photos

Hi, Just weighed and I've lost another pound so 15st 12lb it is.

My husband and I are both counting calories from this week on which means our chocolate habit will have to be seriously curtailed!

We both need to lose over 3 stone by BMI levels so we're going to try our best!!

Good luck everyone, Sue*

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Crafting Live
The Cotton Patch
Janome
ECT
lewis and irene
SewAndSo
Search Press
bredons
C&T publishing
Sarik
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues