By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Show and Tell

Please share finished or ongoing projects that don't belong on another thread here.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

Show and Tell 2016

Show and Tell 2016

Share what you've been up to in the forum, you might win a small prize. We'll award one prize a month for one lucky quilter's finished project, chosen at random, but skewed towards those who haven't won before!

Claire Bear26/09/2017 23:24:34
1846 forum posts
411 photos

Wow Jayne. What a gorgeous group of quilts, wonderful work.

Hope Little Miss Bonnie gets some attention now, she is gorgeous. LOL wink

Carol B27/09/2017 07:52:02
3003 forum posts
776 photos
2 articles

Jayne,

what a fantastic effort by you and your group. Fabulous quilts for a very good cause.

Carol B x

Eileen Foster27/09/2017 09:55:06
660 forum posts
339 photos

I ve being going to Patchwork group and started a table centre piece. As it was the beginning of September I started Christmas projects. So I chose suitable fabrics.

Haven't quite got the binding correct on the long angles [right angles no problems] but it has ironed flat and it looks ok.

xmas table centre piece.jpg

Winnie the B.O.L.B27/09/2017 12:48:03
3354 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Lovely, Eileen - a very clever mix of angles , as well as everything else. I really like that - I haven't seen that before. I certainly can't see anything "wrong"!

Winnie/Margaret xx

Marian C27/09/2017 14:36:09
59 forum posts
24 photos

This is lovely in Christmas colours Eileen. Is it a free tutorial from thecraftyquilter.com ? I think I have seen it in different colours on her website. I have made a "winter seeds" table topper in the same shape from a tutorial on her website, where she gives very clear instructions on the binding - I see nothing wrong with yours. Marian

Eileen Foster27/09/2017 15:55:33
660 forum posts
339 photos

I bought a kit minus the fabrics from the FoQ . the instructions say it is from Juberry fabrics berks. I had to ring to ask how wide the binding needed to be as the instructions said I need 8" WOF for the binding and that was all. Well it actually said 'quilt as desired and then bind' I was told I could chose 1.5, 2 or 2.5 inches wide. but they couldn't help with how many strips Id need. So I was a bit disappointed with that. I went for 2" and cut 4 lengths. but I only needed 3. They didn't say how much backing fabric needed either.

Eileen Foster27/09/2017 16:00:45
660 forum posts
339 photos

this afternoon I made my first Xmas stocking. I cant believe I never made them for my daughters but this year will be different.

this one is for a charity auction.xmas stocking 1

Marian T28/09/2017 13:34:58
4504 forum posts
466 photos
7 articles

Lovely work from everyone, well done and love the Christmas projects too Eileen.

Have PM'd you re your request.

Marian

Eileen Foster28/09/2017 15:02:36
660 forum posts
339 photos

Thanks Marian, I have replied smiley

Margaret S28/09/2017 15:22:43
4029 forum posts
759 photos
Eileen

Sad about Juberry Fabric's response. I haven't used them for a while, but back then they were very generous in sorting out a mistake that they had made with an order of mine.

Lovely Christmas projects. Is the block Carpenter's Star?

Margaret

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues