By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Show and Tell

Please share finished or ongoing projects that don't belong on another thread here.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

Show and Tell 2016

Show and Tell 2016

Share what you've been up to in the forum, you might win a small prize. We'll award one prize a month for one lucky quilter's finished project, chosen at random, but skewed towards those who haven't won before!

Katy20/01/2016 16:03:53
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Those are great Pam,I love the throw, make sure you charge enough for it though

rosemary Rosenfeld20/01/2016 17:37:58
5867 forum posts
1716 photos
13 articles

One way of working out how much to charge I was told was to calculate the cost of materials and double that at least!!

How long did it take you to make? The minimum wage is now about (?) £7.00 an hour!!! Also how desperate are you to sell it? I hate pricing items for sale!!! Best Rosemary

Sylvia21/01/2016 06:34:48
2166 forum posts
359 photos

Thank you Alison. I love that random scrappy look.

Carol B22/01/2016 14:22:36
3003 forum posts
776 photos
2 articles

What a beautiful Underground Railroad Quilt Juliet, Tessa has finished it perfectly for you. So glad we have been able to see it finished.

Maria, great blocks, looking forward to seeing the next batch.

Marlene, Alison and Pam, lovely quilts too

Carol Bface 23

Carol B22/01/2016 14:25:52
3003 forum posts
776 photos
2 articles

I have finally managed to find a couple of hours for sewing so I made use of Xmas presents from DH - inktense pencils and a large LED lightbox, together with a workbook on Zentangle quilts from a lovely friend and had a little play.

leaf zentangle001.jpg

learnt a lot but mainly had fun.

Carol B face 23

Marlene Hutchinson22/01/2016 15:27:28
1234 forum posts
1650 photos

Nice one Carol...very pretty.

My second project...a Scandinavia double quilt for guest bed. Overall meandering.

Scandinavia Double Quilt

Still got fabric left so....will have a think.

Cheerio, Marlene face 23

Margaret S22/01/2016 15:41:39
4013 forum posts
753 photos
More lovely projects. Well done to all.

I have got some Inktense pencils, but that is as far as it has got. Not feeling very productive at the moment.

Margaret
pamela jeffrey22/01/2016 16:06:37
3192 forum posts
114 photos

Marlene this looks wonderful.

Carol b I am going on a retreat in April. We will be doing the ZEntangle. Is it hard to do and do you need any special pens

Bye Pam

Carol B22/01/2016 16:41:42
3003 forum posts
776 photos
2 articles

Another beautiful quilt Marlene.

Pam

I did a workshop with Kathleen Laurel Sage at FOQ and was delighted to find zentangling was not as difficult as I expected, it is certainly fun. For the original black and white zentangles you need an erasable pen (either water or heat erasable) to trace the pattern on to the fabric. Make a quilt sandwich with marked pattern piece on top, then loosely following the lines you FMQ over them in black. Using a Black permanent ink pen, Kathleen recommends Shiwen Supercolor waterproof pens, you colour in any circles, stripes etc that you want to. (check how far the ink spreads on a sample first). When finished remove the initial erasable lines. Then you can quilt around the design if you want to, bind and it is done.

The workshop book by Pat Fergusen introduced me to using colour as well as the clean lines of black and white and as I had my Inktense pencils it gave me chance to play with them.

I am sure you will have a great time on the retreat and I will envy you doing it. Hope this info is useful

Carol Bface 23x

Tessa22/01/2016 16:53:27
5765 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles

Great projects everyone. Marlene...I do like both of your quilts....Pam your little bag and throw are gorgeous...and Carol B...you just never stop either do you....love the Zentangle. I've got Inktense pencils as well and really need to try and use them more.

I'm busy making a bag for a friend in Canada who has just lost her husband. Now that I've got her updated phone number I need to call her.

Tessa x

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues