By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Show and Tell

Please share finished or ongoing projects that don't belong on another thread here.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

Show and Tell 2016

Show and Tell 2016

Share what you've been up to in the forum, you might win a small prize. We'll award one prize a month for one lucky quilter's finished project, chosen at random, but skewed towards those who haven't won before!

rosemary Rosenfeld27/12/2015 12:38:44
5854 forum posts
1716 photos
13 articles

What a pain Katy! But the quilt does look lovely! best Rosemary

Carol B27/12/2015 19:34:14
3003 forum posts
776 photos
2 articles

Beautiful quilt Katy, sounds like it was a nightmare to finish, but certainly looks worth it.

Carol B x

Brenda in OZ28/12/2015 00:23:34
502 forum posts
161 photos
33 articles

The foot pedal problem can be very dangerous and is the most common cause of fire in the sewing room! I think the problem is not in the foot control but in the machine itself. It's a job for the mechanic - another bill to add to all the others I'm afraid.

This is the reason that you should ALWAYS switch off your machine when you are leaving the sewing room for any period of time. Once had to vacate a hotel at 5 am when a fire started in the laundry - turned out to be a sewing machine that had been left on.

You had a tough time Katy! The quilt looks lovely, hope the baby appreciates it.

Hope everyone has a good Christmas, ours was very quiet apart from the fact that our son and his family live just 10 miles from the Christmas Day bush fires. They have an evacuation plan. Everyone in the car with two eskies, one for food and one for cold drinks then it's just 300 yards down to the beach!

Katy02/01/2016 11:45:24
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Thanks Brenda, I've put it away until I can afford to have someone look at it, I do appreciate your advice,

Hope the family were ok and didnt have to resort to evacuation x

I don't know if the baby liked her quilt, as she wasn't at the family party on Monday, and I sent it home with her dad, Brian's brother. I've not heard anything so hope it was alright.

Jayne05/01/2016 18:57:06
676 forum posts
118 photos

imag0336.jpgimag0332.jpgNot wholly patchwork, but a few of the bits and pieces that have kept me busy for the last few days. I forgot to take photos before I gifted them so I'm waiting for photos to come back to me. ?.

mms_20160104_062521.jpg

Edited By Jayne on 05/01/2016 18:59:58

Jayne05/01/2016 19:06:50
676 forum posts
118 photos

I'm trying to do this on my tablet as my laptop is broken. Really panicking as no backup for all our photos.

The clock is for mmy cousin's 60th, the advent stockings for DD2 ready for next Christmas (bought on Thurs in the sale and made on Fri, ), the rail fence quillow pressie for SIL2. busy first week and hoping that the year continues....

Jayne x

Sylvia06/01/2016 09:00:28
2157 forum posts
359 photos

Just been looking at what you have all been doing. Lovely.

Katy, love that swirly stars quilt. How could anyone not love it? Poor you with it's quilting though.

Interestingly there has been a lot of chat lately on my Janome website about foot pedals running on. Various suggestions but no-one mentioned fire. Can pm you if you like??

Have Googled swirly stars and haven't found the one you did. Could you please direct me to instructions? It would be great for one of the child hospital quilts we make each year. I have drawn a block plan but wondered how many colours work best, etc. NO RUSH. WHEN YOU HAVE TIME - IF EVER !!!

rosemary Rosenfeld06/01/2016 09:05:31
5854 forum posts
1716 photos
13 articles

Hi Sylvia...I think it came from the latest PP! Katy has suggested a swap in order to make it! Best Rosemary

Katy06/01/2016 09:16:36
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Well done Jayne, those are great projects so far!

Thanks Sylvia, it was a nice quilt to piece if not to quilt! It's a 4 block version of the 9 block one that I'm hoping to run the fabric swap for, the link to that it is here, and I'm going to post some more details today

Sylvia06/01/2016 13:46:23
2157 forum posts
359 photos

Thanks Katy. Replied now in the right place.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues