By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Show and Tell

Please share finished or ongoing projects that don't belong on another thread here.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

Show and Tell 2016

Show and Tell 2016

Share what you've been up to in the forum, you might win a small prize. We'll award one prize a month for one lucky quilter's finished project, chosen at random, but skewed towards those who haven't won before!

Sylvia23/11/2017 17:44:25
2167 forum posts
359 photos

Wow Eileen you are some productive lady. Put me to shame. Great pieces, they should sell very well and at a good price too I hope.

Eileen Foster23/11/2017 21:57:17
615 forum posts
335 photos

Thank you Sylvia. I have to keep busy and when I cant get in the garden sewing is my preferred activity. My other half spends a lot of his time in his workshop/garage.

Eileen Foster24/11/2017 16:39:56
615 forum posts
335 photos

Thanks Claire. I really enjoyed making it. Its the first quilt that is just using one design, my previous quilts have all been made up of different block designs.

Irene B27/11/2017 10:41:42
4433 forum posts
405 photos

Love your work Eileen rose

Eileen Foster27/11/2017 20:32:51
615 forum posts
335 photos

thank you Irene. The encouragement I get from you lovely people is amazing.

Sylvia01/12/2017 15:52:22
2167 forum posts
359 photos

Teddy Bears QuiltJust to show that I have been doing something! This is a little quilt I have made which will be given to a child in hospital in Palma this Christmas.

Our Cosi Patch group here collect kids quilts made by members and then take then along to the children's ward mid December.

It has a lot of quilting as it will, I am sure, be washed a lot. I hope the parents will enjoy talking to their child about the Teddy chefs.

Teddy fabric

Eileen Foster01/12/2017 18:17:11
615 forum posts
335 photos

ah that is so lovely and so stimulating for little minds.

I love it.

Irene B04/12/2017 10:12:49
4433 forum posts
405 photos

Gorgeous, Sylvia. I heart​ it

Eileen Foster10/12/2017 13:24:07
615 forum posts
335 photos

I have a friend who has a school in Gambia and for many years she has brought home fabrics from the local markets etc. She always gave me and my daughters some for summer dresses and tops. Recently she asked if I would make a quilt for one of her friends daughter Zaina. Her father is Gambian so it made sense to use the fabrics from her heritage to make her a quilt. I have been on with it for about a month and with sashing and a non Gambian batik I finished it today.

I joined each row of blocks and quilted the designs with 2 or 3 rows of outline quilting. The rows were joined QAYG and then the borders added. I loved combining the layers this way. so much easier to quilt a single row than a single bed sized quilt. The different blocks were chosen by my friend and they are in my Gambian fabric photo gallery.

I used the embroidery function on my macjine to do a full label for the quilt. I also made a bag for the quilt and put her name on that too. I know her mum and dad will cherish it and hopefully Zaina [2 yrs old] will in years to come.

I am really pleased with it.

zainas quilt.jpg

quilt case.jpg

zainas label.jpg

rosemary Rosenfeld10/12/2017 13:38:25
5870 forum posts
1716 photos
13 articles

That is fabulous Eileen! Lucky Zaina! Best Rosemary

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ECT
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues