By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Show and Tell

Please share finished or ongoing projects that don't belong on another thread here.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

Show and Tell 2016

Show and Tell 2016

Share what you've been up to in the forum, you might win a small prize. We'll award one prize a month for one lucky quilter's finished project, chosen at random, but skewed towards those who haven't won before!

rosemary Rosenfeld30/10/2017 12:57:07
5921 forum posts
1739 photos
13 articles

finished.jpg

And here is how I have added to it.....not layered or quilted yet.....not sure whether to make it any bigger or not! Rx

Winnie the B.O.L.B30/10/2017 13:18:33
3354 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

That looks good. You were going to make it a table centre? What size is it like that?

Margaret/Winnie xxx

rosemary Rosenfeld30/10/2017 13:24:46
5921 forum posts
1739 photos
13 articles

Hi Margaret......each side is about 13 ins long.....and yes I think it will be a table centre......somebody suggested that it would look really good with candles on! best Rosemary

Winnie the B.O.L.B30/10/2017 13:47:11
3354 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

In my opinion - for whatever that is worth! - I think that 13" sides sounds big enough for a table centre - that might mean you could still have it in place when you were actually using the table as opposed to just as a decoration. I'd worry about the wax from the candles!!

Margaret/Winnie xx

rosemary Rosenfeld30/10/2017 15:04:13
5921 forum posts
1739 photos
13 articles

I know what you mean about the candles.......I have seen battery driven ones that are really realistic....so maybe I'll treat myself once I've finished it! Rx

Eileen Foster30/10/2017 15:18:11
660 forum posts
339 photos

that looks really good Rosemary. I also think it is big enough at 13" . I'd have a pretty plant on it or a vase of flowers. My Christmas one will have a poinsettia on it.

Eileen Foster31/10/2017 16:19:26
660 forum posts
339 photos

A couple of weeks ago I made a glow in the dark skelton panel and a couple of cushions with a macabre theme. Well the same daughter asked for table mats in the same theme. So using 6 panels from a Halloween set [the skulls not the pumpkins] and the graveyard fabric used in the other projects I have made her 6 place mats.

I used insulbright for the first time and the needle on my machine prefers it fluffy side up. I added beige strips to take the 6 " not very square panels into 81/2 inch almost square panels and bound them in black. She hasn't seen them yet but my younger daughter is most envious.

Hope you like the effect. the quilting was free form diamonds so not 'perfect' but I am pleased with them.

table mat

There are 3 with toads and 3 with Ravens/Crows.

table mats

rosemary Rosenfeld31/10/2017 18:54:44
5921 forum posts
1739 photos
13 articles

They are fantastic Eileen...no wonder there is a bit of envy in the family! Best Rosemary

Sylvia01/11/2017 09:00:01
2198 forum posts
370 photos

Gosh Rosemary that looks completely different now you have added to it. Love the colours. Battery candles are definitely worth it. I totally ruined my large favourite Xmas table centre last year with strange wax candles in a bought decoration. It is actually burnt.

Fantastic Halloween things Eileen, well done.

Eileen Foster01/11/2017 12:57:21
660 forum posts
339 photos

I know they are sold as Halloween fabrics Sylvia but both girls don't 'do halloween' . The table mats will be for everyday use. Both my girls love anything macabre and there was a minor squabble when I brought my animal skulls back from work. I'd done a taxidermy unit at uni back in the 70's and I cleaned skulls of dead animals through out my biology teaching career. So both girls have a sheep, rabbit and rat skull each. There is a box of others under the stairs waiting to be gifted laugh Sadly the stuffed pigeon was damaged at school and didn't make it home with me. Macabre indeed.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ECT
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues