By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Parrs Reel Rulers

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
June26/09/2015 15:51:10
335 forum posts
55 photos

Hi everyone,

When I went to the Scottish Quilt Show yesterday, I saw the Parrs Reel Ruler stand and found it very interesting. However, I am a very cautious person and hesitate to buy things on a whim (well except for fabric that is!) so I was wondering if any of you good people had bought/used these rulers and what you thought of it.

Many thanks

June

Margaret S26/09/2015 16:52:17
4015 forum posts
753 photos
June

Someone on here, I cannot remember who, bought something similar recently and couldn't get the foot to work on her Pfaff. I don't think that she has updated us. I think it is 'try before you buy' to see if it works on your machine.

Margaret

Edited By Margaret S on 26/09/2015 16:52:51

Carol Dodge26/09/2015 17:12:06
573 forum posts
137 photos

Hi June and Margaret. It was me that bought these.

The customer service was excelent as you say Margaret the foot woukd not fit on my machine. They sent me two others to try one the same and another high shank both still didn't fit the Pfaff. After more correspondance the lady actually went to pfaff to sort out. Through the post came another foot and so far looks good. I sent email to them to see how she had sorted it still waiting for reply.

June what machine have you?

There is also an australian company that had to have special feet made for the pfaff and also according to pfaff our machine won't fit low shank feet I found this out via email with them.

Hope this helps.

June26/09/2015 17:46:36
335 forum posts
55 photos

Hi Ladies,

Margaret - thanks for the info

Carol - it's a Pfaff that I have and when I was listening in all they really talked about was Bernina's. Given this was to someone who was really interested in buying the system, I didn't like to interrupt. How have you got on actually using the rulers?

June

Carol Dodge26/09/2015 18:00:46
573 forum posts
137 photos

I think its one of these things where practice makes perfect. To be honest my machine has been away for service and repair so have not done much. I did have a go at the quilt show and was very pleased with result. I think that is what you need to do try before you buy, but I suppose you will not be able to do this unless you are going to other shows where they are exhibiting. How is your free motion quilting? If this is already good you should have no problems.

June26/09/2015 18:12:11
335 forum posts
55 photos

My fmq is improving. I tend to mark out a pattern and then very slowly follow it as best I can. Straight lines are my friends I'd love to be able to do curves that were curvy and didn't have straight bits in them. May wait off and make a point of trying it out at a show before I decide. Would love to see anything you do produce though Carol!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues