Popular Forum Group Quilt for FoQ 2016

It does what it says on the can!!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
rosemary Rosenfeld19/09/2015 12:29:09
5619 forum posts
1548 photos
13 articles

Hi All……… I am proposing that the forum enters a group quilt at the Festival of Quilts 2016 and I am wondering who’d like to join in? Hopefully lots of you will want to join in so all I will be asking for is one block from each of you ……. So not a lot!!!

I am suggesting that we make a Christmas quilt…….. stars at the top and buildings and trees at the bottom ……. on black!!!!

I will let you have more specific sizes later but it would work like this………..

1. You send me a SAE with a large stamp and I send you a piece of black fabric. (Approx fat 1/8 unless you ask for anything special)
  2. You make your block and return it to me together with a donation of between £3 and £5 (the exact amount will depend on the number of participants). This will pay for the wadding and cost of delivery and entry at FoQ (this year entry and return was £34 and I also had the getting there to pay!!!) I will cover the cost of the backing and the black fabric!
  3. I put the quilt together etc. and organise the entry .
  4. Any funds remaining will go to charity as will any prize money we might win!!!!!
  5. We raffle the quilt next Autumn.

What do you think? If you’d like to join in then please let me know and I can start sorting everything out!!!

Best Rosemary

rosemary Rosenfeld19/09/2015 12:32:57
5619 forum posts
1548 photos
13 articles

I spoke to Margaret's group while I was there and they are keen to join in.....that makes 6 of us so far!!

All I need at the moment is a message to say that you'd like to take part and if you have a preference as to block....star/building/tree?

Best Rosemary

Sylvia19/09/2015 12:43:31
2083 forum posts
342 photos

Sounds like there will be plenty of time so count me in please.

Will have to pay my postage along with my donation towards costs. I can send you a sterling cheque.

Carol Dodge19/09/2015 12:51:13
573 forum posts
137 photos

Hi Rosemary,

This sounds very interesting.

Probably silly question would we get instructions etc or make our own design ?

Thanks

Carol

rosemary Rosenfeld19/09/2015 13:15:20
5619 forum posts
1548 photos
13 articles

Welcome both!

No problem sorting out postage etc Sylvia...... I can send the black fabric and let you know what the postage was!

Carol..... I will give some general instructions on sizing etc but I was hoping that you could find the design yourself....I can always give you some help if you'd like some!!!

Best Rosemary

Carol Dodge19/09/2015 16:36:13
573 forum posts
137 photos

Thanks Rosemary,

Count me in I excpect the penny will drop when you put some details up.

Thanks

rosemary Rosenfeld19/09/2015 18:08:03
5619 forum posts
1548 photos
13 articles

As far as the timing is concerned....I want to begin joining it all together at Christmas/ very beg of January ......so no hurry!

Best Rosemary

Margaret S19/09/2015 20:02:43
3884 forum posts
691 photos
Rosemary,I am interested.

Margaret
Winnie the B.O.L.B19/09/2015 21:19:29
3329 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Rosemary - my "girls" have already started - they are really keen and quite excited about the whole thing. In fact, they have started talking, in a general sense, about the idea of making a trip over to FOQ ourselves!!! Not sure whether it will be possible but it's great that they are keen enough to talk about the possibility. It would be fantastic if we could!!

You've definitely got some fans down in this wee corner of France - they think you are just "great'!!! Mind you, that's what we all think on here too!!!

Winnie

rosemary Rosenfeld19/09/2015 21:22:26
5619 forum posts
1548 photos
13 articles

Great news both Margarets!!! Best Rosemary

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sewing Quarter
Janome
Crafting Live
The Cotton Patch
lewis and irene
C&T publishing
SewAndSo
Search Press
bredons
Sarik
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues