By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Alphabet Month Blocks

A monthly quilt block.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

Month by Month

Month by Month

A new block of the month, pick a block starting with the first letter of the current month, make it, take a photo to share with the rest of us, and then build yourself a quilt over the year

Carol B14/09/2015 14:03:09
3000 forum posts
776 photos
2 articles

Hi Tessa,

This sounds like a good idea, especially as we don't have to swap the blocks. I can do the blocks as and when I have time, so please count me in.

Thimble face 23 x

Tessa14/09/2015 14:23:03
5765 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles

Ok everyone....I've got the go ahead from co-leader Katy... so we are going to start the block of the month today.

It's September, so the name of the block that you make - must start with the letter 'S'.

Would love to see pictures of any and all blocks that are done....and I'll create a photo album so that you can put your photos in there as well as on the this thread.

Have fun...

Tessa rainbow

Margaret S14/09/2015 17:06:52
3895 forum posts
693 photos

That's great Tessa. Will get started soon.

Irene,

Although I have a large stack of Kona Solids, I will probably use patterned fabric and blocks designed by specific designers. Thank you for the link to the QG Modern Quilt Group. They have a pattern that I have been thinking about, (Greetings - Envelope), that is much simpler than the one I was contemplating doing.

Margaret

Carol Dodge14/09/2015 17:18:59
573 forum posts
137 photos

Thanks Tessa,

I am thinking about doing blocks from the 1920s farmers wife book.

Irene B14/09/2015 17:58:06
4433 forum posts
405 photos

Sounds perfect Margaret. QG Modern Quilt group is in its infancy and looks very exciting. I've already joined the group. rose

Sylvia15/09/2015 15:40:13
2083 forum posts
342 photos

Ooh, starting already. I am really going to try and do some, well 10 actually for a kids hospital quilt. Guess they need to be quite simple.

Have some great music fabric which will be my main theme fabric, so it will hopefully be liked by an older child. There always seem to be SO many for babies and tinies.

Margaret S17/09/2015 15:45:35
3895 forum posts
693 photos

September block. Don't know where I will eventually go with this but it looks great next to green check fabric.

Coincidentally the design is by the same person featured in one of Katy's October book reviews.

Block of the Month - September

Margaret

Tessa17/09/2015 16:33:02
5765 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles

Looks great Margaret. What is the name of the block pattern that you've used,?

Tessa x

Carol Dodge17/09/2015 16:37:13
573 forum posts
137 photos

september block of the month.jpgHere is my September block called Spider Web. It is from the Farmers Wife sampler quilt.

The photos have come out in black and white. Think the camera has got confused the main pattern is in black but the lighter fabric is white with green flowers. The block is made to go on point so showing two photos.

september block of the month 2.jpg

Tessa17/09/2015 16:45:28
5765 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles

Wow, what a great pattern Carol.

Tessa x

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
The Cotton Patch
Crafting Live
Sewing Quarter
Janome
lewis and irene
bredons
Search Press
C&T publishing
Sarik
SewAndSo
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues