By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Alphabet Month Blocks

A monthly quilt block.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

Month by Month

Month by Month

A new block of the month, pick a block starting with the first letter of the current month, make it, take a photo to share with the rest of us, and then build yourself a quilt over the year

Tessa10/09/2015 18:48:10
5765 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles

Hi all....

Katy and I have had a quick chat about doing a block of the month. I suggested to Katy that we could create a quilt block, any size you wanted, any colour scheme, but the pattern name of the block must start with the First letter of the month we are in.

Just thought we would throw the idea out there and see what sort of response we would get from you all. There are thousands of quilt block patterns on the internet these days and one website which is very good is www.quilterscache.com .

Let us know what you think.

Tessa rainbow

Carol Dodge10/09/2015 19:04:01
573 forum posts
137 photos

Love this idea. Would it be a swap block or keep our own?

Marlene Hutchinson10/09/2015 19:09:49
1234 forum posts
1650 photos

I'd like to do it if I could keep my blocks please.

Cheerio, Marlene face 23

Tessa10/09/2015 19:23:32
5765 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles

Hi Carol and Marlene.... this would be a keep your own block...the pattern and colour choice would be to your liking, as long as the block pattern starts with the first letter of the month that we are in, the choice is all yours.

This could be a real stash buster....face 9

Tessa x

rosemary Rosenfeld11/09/2015 09:17:48
5619 forum posts
1548 photos
13 articles

I'm in Tessa! best Rosemary

Carol Dodge11/09/2015 10:21:20
573 forum posts
137 photos

Yes please Tessa.

You mentioned quilters cache website by any chance do you know how to print from this. I keep getting a message saying this action is not allowed when ever I try, yet it says on the website you can.

Thanks

Margaret S11/09/2015 13:55:35
3884 forum posts
691 photos

An interesting idea Tessa. I am not interested in doing traditional blocks, so as it is for ourselves would it be o.k. to make them modern - as in 'Modern Blocks 99 Quilt Blocks from Your Favourite Designers'?

Another idea would be to make them miniature as in '130 Little Quilt Blocks' by Susan Brisco. but I am more keen on the Modern Blocks.

Margaret

Irene B11/09/2015 14:03:01
4433 forum posts
405 photos

Yes please. Like you, Margaret, I'd like to do modern too rose

Tessa11/09/2015 18:49:53
5765 forum posts
485 photos
13 articles

Hi everyone,

Your block type is also up to you, whatever you like...I've always liked traditional but that's just me and old age. Whether you like modern, traditional or artsy with embellishment or whatever...it would be great to see a huge array of different types of blocks.

The only stipulation as I have mentioned is that the name of the block pattern (and that's where a little searching goes) must start with the first letter of the month that we are in.

I'll wait until the weekend has passed and just double check with Katy, but I think as it's not a swap and we can work at this at our own speed, that maybe we could start with are creations right away.

I'll let everyone know on Monday.

Tessa face 9

mandy11/09/2015 23:22:37
1063 forum posts
152 photos

I need to bust my stash laugh- so count me in.

Mandy

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
lewis and irene
The Cotton Patch
Janome
Crafting Live
Sewing Quarter
bredons
Search Press
SewAndSo
C&T publishing
Sarik
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues