free motion help

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Kerry F19/08/2015 16:57:28
280 forum posts
46 photos
29 articles

Hi Carol,

Your machine may be a bit like mine. From my last service a month or two ago I read on the report that the timing is set up differently depending on what the machine is doing, so for example my machine (Husqvarna Viking Sapphire 960Q) has different timing for standard woven stitching, stitching stretch fabrics and also for FMQ. My machine almost constantly needs resetting due to the timing in FMQ and sometimes the stretch doesn't make stitches either, but the piecing side of things is still excellent. I've had to have mine restore to factory settings twice in a year so far because I do use it quite a lot. I'm not going to buy a Husqvarna again!

I'd suggest taking it in for a service now that you've gone through the motions of rethreading the machine, changing needle, etc and hopefully that will help. Not cheap though!

Carol Dodge19/08/2015 17:03:47
573 forum posts
137 photos

Hi Kerry,

Your information is very interesting. The suppliers are sending me 2 other feet to try, they are being very good at the moment. My machine is due for a service next month as well.

Will keep you informed

Carol

Katy24/08/2015 08:47:49
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

How are you getting on Carol? It sounds very odd, the foot shouldn't make any difference really. Margaret's suggestion about the feed dogs sounds like it could be the problem, and Kerry is also right that it might be the timing, but it sounds awfully odd that one Free motion foot works and the other doesn't. I can't work out why that could happen at all, so I'm very interested to know what you find out.

Carol Dodge24/08/2015 09:44:04
573 forum posts
137 photos

Hi Katy,

The plot thickens. They have sent me 2 other feet one low and one high shank. both don't fit. Have looked at an Australian website and they had to have a special medium sized shank made for their rulers to fit my make and model.

Anyway the supplier has said she is going to visit Pfaff head office to sort it out. In the meen time have been on to Pfaff myself via email awaiting reply.

Cmacg06/09/2016 11:37:33
5 forum posts

Hi Carol, I bought some rulers at the FOQ in Birmingham. I haven't used them yet but they needed a different foot, as you say a low shank or high shank. If you contact the people you bought the rulers from they should be able to get you one that will fit your machine.

Carol Dodge06/09/2016 11:48:53
573 forum posts
137 photos

Yes they did eventually sort out an entirely different foot. Must say though I have hardly used them after all.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues