Articles

Strawberry Patch Quilt

Strawberry Patch Quilt

Using clever piecing and applique, Ruth Lazarus creates a luscious fruity quilt

Katy27/07/2015 12:06:50
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

I really like Ruth Lazarus' quilt in the latest issue, and I thought it would make a lovely scrappy block swap quilt. As the summer weather has turned so miserable, these Strawberry blocks might cheer us up a bit!

Would anyone like to join in a strawberry block swap? This would involve making twelve strawberry blocks, using Ruth's block design, and swapping some of them with each other. You can then use them in your own Strawberry Patch quilt, or as you liked in something else.

The number of blocks to swap would depend on how many people wanted to join in, but this will work with any number from 2 to infinity,

For just the twelve strawberry blocks you would need (this is not for the full quilt, as I would suggest using scrappy fabrics to make up the remaining blue blocks and green applique. The full fabric quantities are listed in the magazine)

• 1/2 yd of red fabric
  • 1/2 yd of pale blue
  • 1 FQ of green fabric

If you would like to join in, sign up below before 5th August. I will post swap partners, and we would swap the actual blocks before the end of September.

rosemary Rosenfeld27/07/2015 17:43:20
5617 forum posts
1548 photos
13 articles

Count me in Katy! Best Rosemary

Glenda F27/07/2015 22:08:43
1642 forum posts
218 photos

Count me in please katy will look out fabric once my Dh goes back to work on Thursday

Glenda

Katy28/07/2015 09:31:25
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Thanks Glenda and Rosemary hot

I'm not going to post swap partners, I think it would be better if you send your blocks to me with an SAE, then we are all certain to get 12 blocks no matter what. It won't matter if there are only three of us, but on the off chance that anyone else wants to join in, it helps with the logistics.

Please join in if you feel like it. When it gets to September, I will ask you to send a specific number of blocks to me by the end of the month for me to distribute back.

Hope that's OK

rosemary Rosenfeld28/07/2015 12:08:41
5617 forum posts
1548 photos
13 articles

Fine by me Katy! best Rosemary

Fiona29/07/2015 15:11:11
3107 forum posts
463 photos

Yes please for me, Katy.

rosemary Rosenfeld29/07/2015 17:12:56
5617 forum posts
1548 photos
13 articles

Managed to find some fabric this afternoon Katy! Does it matter if mine are all different fabrics?

Best Rosemary

Edited By rosemary Rosenfeld on 29/07/2015 18:43:53

maria hewitt29/07/2015 18:04:35
961 forum posts
183 photos

I like the idea of different blocks, but don't think I can commit to this as I really need to get stuck into making my ds 18th birthday quilt. For October. Maybe if I do get a chance to make some by the swap date, and you are collecting / distributing them all I could join in at the last minute, for some of the blocks.

Maria

Jayne29/07/2015 20:36:25
673 forum posts
116 photos

I'm similar to Maria, I'll have a go at making some blocks and if they're ready by the swap date I'll give you a shout. So if I've got it right I need to make 12 strawberry blocks and then give you a shout. and the leaf blocks I make for myself and keep?

Jayne x

Katy30/07/2015 09:01:38
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Thanks Fiona, Maria and Jayne. It would be lovely if you can join in. just let me know if you manage to make them by the end of August. I will need to know if they are on their way, otherwise I won't know how many everyone needs to swap.

Rosemary, that's fine, you can make them all different if you like.

Jayne, yes, you just need to make the 12 strawberry blocks and post them to me, the rest is up to you.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
lewis and irene
Janome
Crafting Live
Sewing Quarter
The Cotton Patch
bredons
Sarik
C&T publishing
Search Press
SewAndSo
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues