By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Winnie's Village Quilt Lottery

The moment has arrived to start guessing how long it took us!!!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

Entente Cordiale

Entente Cordiale

A raffle for a beautiful Heart Quilt that Margaret's patchwork group in Ste Orse (in the Dordogne in South West France) has been making for the last 9 months, in aid of village funds.

Winnie the B.O.L.B15/07/2015 20:45:00
3333 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

ENTENTE CORDIALE

This thread is about the lottery for the ENTENTE CORDIALE Heart Quilts that my patchwork group in the tiny community of Ste Orse (in the Dordogne in South West France) has been making for the last 9 months, in aid of our village funds. As most of you know, we have had really generous contributions of the central heart blocks from lots of you on this wonderful Forum and that has been a great addition to our efforts. Your generosity has been such that we ended up with more blocks than we needed for the main quilt. As a result, we now have a long list of fantastic prizes on offer, as you will see from the attached sheet of photographs. All the proceeds of the lottery will go towards improving life in the village where our normal funds are pretty limited and in which there are also many elderly people.

I’m also attaching a sheet explaining, in detail, how the lottery will be organized, as French rules require this and we are obviously going to be selling the tickets over here too! However, in principle, it is a question of estimating how long it took us to make the MAIN quilt within a range of 115 hours minimum to 135 hours maximum, in divisions of 1 minute. Only actual making time is included – NOT the unavoidable unpicking and redoing!! The cost is £1.50 per guess or £4.00 for 3.  Once you have decided what your choices of times are, just email them to me at maggie24210@gmail.com. I will email you confirmation that your guesses are entered. You can either send the money to me by PayPal or, if you don’t have a PayPal account, by cheque to Rosemary (to keep the postage costs down for you) She has kindly offered to then send those on to me. If you need Rosemary’s postal address, just to PM her. Also PM me for my PayPal address.

As a tremendous amount of time and effort has gone into organising all of this, I would be incredibly grateful if you would not only buy guesses for yourselves but perhaps you could persuade family and friends to do the same. Every single ticket sale will really help to make it all worthwhile . Rosemary has kindly helped us to make fabulous labels for the back of the quilts featuring the flags of all the countries whose “citizens” took part in making the quilts – YES Chris, even that of the Isle of Man!! - plus a text, in French, explaining which groups of ladies contributed to it all.

I am going to add the additional posts in a little while, explaining how it works and with the photos of all the prizes.

Cheers

Winnie

Edited By Winnie the B.O.L.B on 15/07/2015 20:52:28

Winnie the B.O.L.B15/07/2015 21:28:04
3333 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Ru                                                           RULES FOR THE LOTTERY

The objective is to guess the time it took, in total, for the LARGE QUILT to be made from start to finish – the other quilted items on the prize list are not included in the time.

The range of time, in divisions of one minute, from which you can choose your entry is 20 hours starting from 115 hours and ending with 135 hours, in divisions of 1 minute.- e.g. 124 hrs and 51mins The ACTUAL TIME is to be found anywhere in this range.

The cost per guess is £1.50 or 3 for £4.00

Eric Hay, Rosas, Ste Orse is only one who knows the actual total which he has placed in a sealed envelope. The winners will be announced at 8pm on Sunday 23rd August 2015 at the Village Fête Patronale in Ste Orse.

If only one ticket has the correct time, the remaining prizes will be allocated with reference to those nearest to the correct total.

If more than one person has chosen the correct time, all of the correct guesses will go into a “hat” and the prizes will be allocated in the order in which the tickets are drawn

If there are prizes remaining at this point, this same rule will apply to the subsequent prizes.

The winners will collect their prizes either on the night or personally at an arranged time. Otherwise, we will pay for the main prize to be posted to either the UK or another country in the Eurozone. Out with this area, the winner may pay the balance of the postage over and above this cost. For all other prizes, we will pay the equivalent of the postage cost within France and the winner may pay the balance to have the prize posted out to them. In the case of the cushions, only the covers will be posted and we promise to make the parcel as small.

Cheers again,

Winnie

Edited By Winnie the B.O.L.B on 15/07/2015 21:30:05

Edited By Winnie the B.O.L.B on 15/07/2015 21:31:01

Winnie the B.O.L.B15/07/2015 21:32:35
3333 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Sorry folks - I just can't get the text/headings to centre up!!! No idea what I am doing wrong.

Winnie

Winnie the B.O.L.B15/07/2015 21:52:54
3333 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Three views of the Large Quilt which is the Main Prize in the Lottery This is the one for which you have to guess the time taken to make it. The size is approx 100" x 100" and we have put in a nominal estimate of how much it would cost were it to be made individually to order. In the middle photo, you can see the backing which is in a gorgeous batik fabric and is also used for all the sashing and binding You can see other views of this and all the other items in my own album here.Main quilt in Ste Orse Lotteryts et coussins 1.jpg

Edited By Katy on 16/07/2015 10:00:43

Winnie the B.O.L.B15/07/2015 22:04:56
3333 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

The other quilts and cushions in the Lottery. There is a medium sized quilt (60" x 60",  2 bed/table runners (sizes listed ) and 4 pairs of 16" x 16" cushions with button backs as shown. Other views of these items can be seen in my own album. The descriptions are in French and i have been unable to change them in this format!!Grouped photos of smaller quilts na dcushions

Edited By Winnie the B.O.L.B on 15/07/2015 22:05:56

Edited By Winnie the B.O.L.B on 15/07/2015 22:07:46

Edited By Katy on 16/07/2015 10:01:01

Winnie the B.O.L.B15/07/2015 22:11:50
3333 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Hope you have managed to wade your way through all these postings!! I just thought it was better to have too much info rather than not enough!!

Those of you who would like to sell guesses to friends and family can PM me for more easily printable versions of all of this so that you can show it around to others. Just let me have your own email address if you need them in this format.

Good luck to everyone.

Thanks

Winnie

quilt and patch15/07/2015 22:41:34
3489 forum posts
636 photos

Wonderful job Winnie and Crew including Eric!!

Love Liz x

Jayne16/07/2015 08:21:55
676 forum posts
118 photos

Winnie and Crew, I agree with Liz a wonderful job. What will you all do with all that spare time now?

Jayne x

PS the rules make sense to me.

Katy16/07/2015 10:03:57
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

WInnie, please could you share your paypal address for us? Maybe set a new one up if you are worrying about it being shared?

Katy16/07/2015 10:16:43
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

All the info is now in the article at the top of this thread x

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
lewis and irene
Sewing Quarter
Crafting Live
The Cotton Patch
Sarik
SewAndSo
C&T publishing
Search Press
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues